Chapter 60: Another chance

Recap: Miley is tricked back into the Black brothers pack house, after trying to escape from them. Mr. Black found her in airport and along with her parents he dragged her back into their lives. Dinner goes not so well, Miley is having enough of her parents and her magic shows again causing her to run outside. Zak comes after her and well here we are...

Chapter 60: Another chance

I clung to Zak's body as he held me in his arms tight not planning on letting me go. "Everything is going to be okay" he comforted me "I got you". I didn't protest, I missed his touch, so I just clung tighter to him hiding my face in his shirt.

Zak lifted me up so I was straddling his torso, "Do you want go inside again?" he said after a while, his voice slow and comforting as if waiting for me to understand between my cries. I shook my head "I don't wanna see them again" I hiccupped trying to gain my breath back and stop the crying.

Zak caressed my cheek "I am so sorry the way we treated you, we will go your pace, just please give us a chance" he asked. "I don't want to see my parents right now" I told him trying to make him understand that his family was not the problem, mine was.

"It's okay sweetheart" Zak said into my hair making it almost impossible to hear, but I did, or at least I heard what I wanted to hear. I felt like a baby in his arms, but I didn't care, I felt s safe, and at this point safety was all I need.

"We'll go to our room, okay?" he asked, I nodded, I didn't mind, just far away from them – my parents. He carried me all the way up, he took a different way up obviously avoiding my parents and luckily we did.

At some point on the way up I stopped crying and my breathing went back to normal. Their apartment complex in the pack house felt completely different. It felt hallow. Like something was missing. Zak caught my wandering eyes and smiled carefully at me "we thought we lost you" he said "we will buy new stuff" he added.

Finally, it hit me, pictures were gone, bookshelf gone, piano gone – a lot of the things that used to be here wasn't here anymore. I looked around frantic trying to figure out what else was missing. "My wolf" he stopped "our wolves – didn't accept you being gone, we missed you" he looked deep my eyes as if studying my soul "I missed you".

He sat down with me on his lap on the couch, I clung to him like he was going to disappear.

"Zak?" I asked keeping my head against his chest trying to get his attention "I don't know what to do?" I confessed. For so long I had kept secrets, going my own ways and only involved myself in my business... Or that is not true, but Maxi and Rochelle aren't here anymore and they are not coming back. I have no one... and yet I have 10... It's time for me to trust him, show them that I really do care about them.

Zak pushed me backwards gently so that he could study my face, I tried to look away but I couldn't resist looking into his eyes, I was weak. "You have to follow your heart, do what feels right for you, even though you might not be read for this – I hope you do, but we can wait, we will wait for you, you have been through so much..." he stopped as if to stop his own rambling "listen to your heart princess, really listen". He held my hands in his caressing the back of my hand with his thumb, running circles with his rough fingers. I knew what I wanted, but how can I?

"What is your heart telling you?" Zak asked looking me into my eyes, searching for nothing but the truth, I caved in like an obedient girl... changes is coming. I want to live these adventures, I have never felt more alive – or dead, being here. Doing all these crazy things, having these possessive guys that just loves control and me loving to test their temper... we are perfect for each other, they get to discipline me as I break the rules over, and over, and over, and over again.