Chapter 42: A spy

Chapter 42: A spy

Jake took my hand and led me out without words spoken. I didn't really have anything to say, I just hoped he wouldn't say anything so that I would have to make up another lie.

Jake followed me to the living room where there were some guards according to their black outfit, talking among each other. I recognized one of them as Jar and when his eyes met mine I swear I saw him glare at me.

"Search the area, a human girl, Tristan will send you a picture of her, she needs to be found, she knows too much" he said sternly. "WHAT?!" I yelled out in confusion "what are you going to do with her?" They wouldn't find her, it was more the fact that if my sister – Who does not exist – Comes here to visit me, then she would be hunted down because she has been here. How fucked up is that?

The look he gave me back scared me a bit, Jake was always reasonable, but now, he was mad, he was furious. "It was wrong of you to let her in without telling us" was everything he said before grabbing me by my upper arm and bringing me to the couch. "Sit" he ordered, I did as he said without hesitation and looked down trying to disappear into the couch.

*

Something was not right, panic was clear on Jakes face as we had sat there for an hour or so. The door burst open, "They are on our land, assistance is coming!" a guard said with a shivering voice before storming out again.

Jake lifted me up and started to walk up the stairs. We came to an office and he pushed a button and the wall opened and we walked in, there were steps down and then there was a room. He pushed a code and metal bars covered the windows and metal blocked the view and the door got metal bars too.

It looked like an underground tunnel, really dark and scary looking. "What is this?" I asked chocked as I frantically looked around trying to find reason for this strange place. "Safety room" he simply said, his voice was sweeter than before, but he still acted rougher than usual.

"Why?" why was I put down here? He understood my question "your sister has friends I guess" I murmured angry. Wait what? He thought Rochelle did something, what? "what are you talking about?" I demanded answers, not code language, but words!

"We are under attack"

What? Who? I just let him drag me through the tunnel, we were far from alone in the tunnel, women and children were here too and a few guards as well. They sat in small rooms that was attached to the tunnel looking hallway.

"Who is attacking us?" I was afraid of looking up at him in case our eyes would meet, I bet his wasn't as calm as I hope they are. He ignored me and dragged me into one of the rooms, this one was empty, which was odd, and modern with TV and stuff, I bet this was a special room.

Everything seemed so interesting out of a sudden, all the things I would do to forget time and place and just sit here... "Do you have any idea of what you have done?" he asked harshly as he walked to the door and closed it with too much force. I looked up at him choked at his tone, never had I seen him like this.

I didn't need to answer, he stalked towards me like a predator and captured me between his arms as I reached the wall. Come with it, say I am irresponsible and childish and that letting Rochelle in without asking was not right, seriously just get it over with. But the attacking-part, how in the world can I be blamed for that?

"Not only did you bring yourself in danger pulling a trick up like this, my pack is getting slaughtered out there" he said on the verge of explosion. He was shaking and looking at me with so cold eyes that I wish I would just have disappeared in the moment.

I should have shut my mouth, I really should, but me being me, does not think rationally – "Is it my fault?!" I hissed back at him harsher than meant to. I only waited for him to yell louder back at me. This is how it is like, if you yell higher after the first angry sentence. Then you will end up having a yelling competition instead of a grownup argument.

I didn't have to wait long till he was in my face "she was their spy" he shouted in my face. I cringed back at the volume in his voice and couldn't hold a tear back that slipped at the chok of hearing him yell at me like that.

***

A/N Please leave a comment, i would like to know what you think, give me some ideas, tell me what i could do better and such. thanks for reading :)

Because it is so short i will update again october 9 as the latest :)