Chapter 20: Homesick

"How could you do that to your mom? She was just being nice" I asked confused and watched between them. Nathan sat down with me on his lap on the bed and caressed my back running his hand up and down in a soothing rhythm.

Nathan shushed me as he rocked back and forth with me on his lap "don't worry about it" he said as if it was natural. But to me that – I don't even know what to call it – isn't natural. She really acted like she would never see them again.

Unsure of if I should speak or stay quiet I bit my lip, Nathan kissed me on the hair and continued his attempt to relax me. I decided for once to be a good girl and leave it be. But later I will talk to her.

Zak turned towards me and smirked "I think we was doing something before we got interrupted", I jumped off Nathan's lap and made a pouting face "I don't remember" and with that I walked off leaving my dear mates with their jaws on the floor in shock of my behavior.

How could they be so cruel to their own mother, they basically threw her out all because of me.

I placed myself on the couch and looked out in thin air thinking about what just happened, and the thoughts brought me back to my mom and my dad. In three weeks I will leave here. But I doubt they will let me leave, what if I never see them again?

My parents will grow old. The question is if they would care, they could always find comfort in their money. They aren't rich, but money is everything to them. Throughout my childhood I had nannies, four to be exact. From when I was 6 I only had one, a nice lady, I don't know her real name but I call her Mimi, mainly because I couldn't say her name, she's from France.

She's the one I will miss the most.

I am 17, I need my Mimi and I need my friends and my school, I need my life back. I don't need werewolves or 10 guys who tells me they love me and wants to be with me, but treats me like a kid, like they are my parents. I need my Mimi, I really do. I need her to tell me that everything will be just fine and i want her to sit with me and hug me till I cannot cry anymore.

But Mimi is in Sweden and I am in the US.

Maybe it was my time to leave, I am nowhere ready for this anyway, they are to mature for me, and they need someone who is ready for them. Not some underage teenage girl who disobey them whenever she can.

I felt a tear run down my cheek but it was stopped by the armrest I was leaning my head on. I envy my so-called 'mates', they have each other, all I ever wanted was a sibling, but I never got one It's just me and... – Who am I kidding it is just me and no one, I am alone.

---

Zak's POV:

Did she just? – She just... walked away? I looked at my brother to see them just as surprised as me, who does she think she is, she cannot just walk around the house. I mean our parents just broke in, meaning that every... Oh no.

I ran down the stairs closely followed by the triplets. Zeth was fast to catch up on my thoughts and sped to the door with werewolf speed and locked it, Jake and Mike ran to our little mate who had made herself comfortable on the couch. She was all cuddled up covered with a sheet as she lay with her cheek against the armrest and her feet along the couch.

She didn't seem to notice either of us, even though we stood close by and she would easily if she moved the slightest.

I noticed her blank look and realized she was crying. I crouched down in front of her and caressed her cheek "you okay love?" I asked. 'She is crying, of course she isn't okay' my wolf growled at me. I just ignored him and focused on my baby girl who led another tear run down her cheek.

In a swift moment I lifted her up so that she was cuddled close against my chest "tell me". I saw my brothers' approached. They were broken from the view. Our mate completely broken, sobbing uncontrollably in my arms.

"Tell me what's wrong, I can make whatever bothering you go away" I said in her ear in a comforting voice. She moved away from me and looked me dead in the eyes "No you can't, you think you can fix everything, you can't, you did this to me" she told me in harshly and ran upstairs again. Zeth started to follow, but Damon grabbed him before he got that far "leave her be, I don't think we are any help right now, just let her calm down and then we talk to her" he said.

For once in a very long time I agreed with my twin brother.

Loud banging sounds came from outside the door, someone knocking like crazy. Xavier opened revealing a smiling Jar leaning on the doorframe, without invite he walked in casually like he owned the place.

Jar is the only friend we share and he is one of our best men, he is like a brother to us. He placed himself on the couch and turned on the TV watching something that in minutes will be a football match.

Jar looked at Xavier and smirked "trouble in paradise?" he chuckled at looked at us one by one. Xavier, Zeth, Justin, Jake and I sat down on the couch watching the game. Ryan looked at us "I go for a run, my wolf is going crazy" he said, Mike and the twins followed and left. Damon walked down the stairs to the basement, probably training.

"You could say that" I answered Jar trying to concentrate on the game, but her watery eyes completely took over my brain. Jar looked around "where is the prisoner by the way?". His nickname for her made me furious "she's upstairs and do not call her that she is our mate and your Luna" I warned him angrily.

He laughed at that "Your mate? then start treat her like it". That caught me off guard "what are you talking about?"

He gave me the are-you-kidding-look "you act more like her parent, if I was just partly as possessive and protective to my mate as you are to her, she would go nuts... just think about it". The game started and all our eyes glued to the screen, but we were all thinking about Jar's words.

Was that the reason she was so upset?

***

A/N Thanks for reading and commenting, I hope you like the chapter. Let me know what you think and please vote, comment and follow :) (it's late and I just wrote it, sorry for any mistakes there might be, if there is any huge write it in a comment) :D