Chapter 44: Giving up

Miley's P.O.V.

It was gone, I swear I placed it right there. Maxi walked back and forth with his hands covering his face. He was losing it. I wanted to comfort him, he was my mate, I felt it when we were together, but because of the lack of contact it wasn't as powerful as with the others.

"We will find it" I hope I wasn't lying. He looked up at me looking angry and worried and confused, a lot of emotions, but none of them were happy.

"No we won't, it is over Miley! He got your mates, the necklace, and the entire pack, he has everything he needs, and you have me, a ghost, I am dead Miley!" he stopped shouting and looked at me with teary eyes, "I can do nothing to protect you, they can see me, but they have my life, I have nothing" he slid down the bathroom door and buried his face in his hands.

I felt a tear in my eyes form, he was dead, I was hoping never to hear those word pass his lips, I knew it, I knew he was a ghost, but I hoped that somehow he would be here for good, but... I don't even want to finish that sentence.

Their dad was right about me, I am no good for his sons. Wait. "Maxi maybe he doesn't have the entire pack" I smiled big as I realized that we might have a chance. He looked up at me looking really upset, ready to tell me to just give up. "Your dad" I quickly said.

He just looked at me weirdly "okay, there is a chance that one person is still free, what is that going to change, we are still not enough men" he looked at me pleadingly to just let it go.

"He might know more than us, just come okay"

That seemed to lighten him up, he got up and nodded "that is a possibility" he tried to grab my hand but it went straight through me.

Maxi's P.O.V.

She was so eager to find a way out, she is a brave girl, "your dad" she quickly said as if stopping me from interrupting her with the facts that we lost. My dad, he is in the dungeon, there is a possibility that he wasn't taken by them because they don't know where it is.

But then again, what should he do, kill them alone, we were still on the line of death. "Okay, there is a chance that one person is still free, what is that going to change, we are still not enough men".

Just let it go Miley I beg you, now I just want you safe, out of here and then you'll... be happy – without us. I felt my heart broke as pictures of her without us flooded my mind.

"He might know more than us, just come okay" she said calmly. He might do, maybe he knows how to reverse the spell on it. I stood up and was ready to go "That is a possibility".

I tried to take her hand, but it went straight through hers, the bond Octavius made for me was fading again, soon I will no longer be visible for my mate and then she would be alone here, I have to act fast.

She noticed as well and just looked away with a sad look on her face.

***

A/N let me know what you think... Maxi is dissapearing :( early update because you guys are amazing! i know it is short, but come on, i was so happy for all your feedback that you deserved it :D