Chapter 53: Unknown forces

The following week I found myself without a soul. I was numb. The guys, my mates, were so thrilled about the enemies fall, apparently Maxi was right, what I did out there that day I will never forget, caused the enemy to vanish into thin air.

I felt heartbroken, lost, so out of place that it was hard for me to even act like I belonged here. I wanted to call home, but I was too scared of the outcome, I vanished, I just vanished without a single sign and the worst part is, I am not even sure they noticed my absence.

It was like the boys didn't see me, even though they were looking at me, hugging me, kissing me and what so ever they were doing. But they still did not 'see' me.

Trina appeared again, she was just one of my mess-ups. Just seeing her reminded me of how incapable I am of doing anything right. I do not belong here, but I don't belong in Sweden either or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't eat, they make food for me and place it in front of me, but they are too busy in their own chit-chat to notice me grabbing an almost full plate and throw it in the trashcan. I see other werewolves. I live in the pack house now. They are everywhere.

They cuddle up, they are protective of each other and very possessive, they are concerned for the slightest things, like a small gasp from a woman makes their mate go into attack mode. My mates are not like that. The other girls I talk to tell me how they feel about their mate, but I don't feel that. I like them, hell I think I even love them, maybe loved, I am not sure.

Most of the day I read or watch TV, but I cannot re-tell what I saw or read, I am just looking at a block of paper with black lines on it and the TV is just flashing images.

Maxi or not, I think I just liked the adventure in it. I smiled at that, actually smiled, that's been a long time since that happened. But as soon as it came it disappeared.

I walked the hallways, I liked the peace and quietness. "Hey Luna" a voice asked in front of me, I looked up from the floor and was face to face with a smiling Trina. She was so cheerful and full of life and energy, but looking at me her smile faltered "hey are you okay?" she asked concerned studying my eyes closer.

I nodded quickly "yes, yes, sure" I forced a smile, but she didn't seem convinced. "What is the matter?" she asked in the same concerned voice, I shrugged my shoulders and tried harder to put on a smile "I am fine" I tried hard to sound convincing, but still she gave me the look making me slightly uncomfortable.

She shook her head "I can see you are not fine, so stop lying" she said slightly angry, still not taking her eyes off me. That second I snapped "I am fine!" I yelled at her angry and felt my breathing quicken in anger. "You are my Luna, I know...". As those words passed her lips I banged my hand down in anger and as if my hand caused a storm everything in the room fell down hitting the ground and crashed.

Pictures was ripped off the hinges and thrown onto the floor making their frame shatter, curtains pulled down along with their hangers and chairs was tipped over and broken. I stared in shock as I took in the surroundings.

Trina's eyes were big and she stared at me like I was some monster. Her jaw still hanging, as she moved her head for the first time and looked around, "how?" she stuttered and looked back at me again.

"What happened?" a very alarmed mate of mine boomed from behind me, I did not dare to look behind me. I wanted to run, I just wanted to disappear. Zak looked from Trina and then to me, it was like he knew. The judging way he looked at me, I could see it in his eyes, I was a monster.

"What is going on here?" Xavier asked as he ran over. As if they had a silent conversation they looked at each other before Xavier pulled me out the room by the hand and dragged me further away into a room I hadn't been in before in the pack house.