Chapter 3

Gray woke up with the smell of coffee. When she eventually peeled her eyes open, she noticed she wasn't in her bed.

Sherlock! She was in her father's bed. The room was not like the rest of the flat. It was small, and quite clean. Sherlock's coat hung on the door and his shoes near the closet. The sheets on the bed were white, and quite soft.

Gray looked around the room more and realized something that would make her scream. Although, if she did, she would wake him up. Sherlock layed next to her fast asleep.

He looked peaceful and relaxed. His arms were on top of his stomach, and he laid on his back.

"Sherlock?" Gray tapped the man. All he did was move over to his side. "Sherlock." Again Gray tapped her father, but no response. Just a turning moan. "Dad." This time she did not whisper, but said it in her normal voice.

"What?!" Sherlock sat up and looked at the girl. "I was sleeping!" He looked tired and pouty.

"I think we may have a client." Gray got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Oh, in that case, thank you. Did you call me dad again?" Sherlock jumped out of the bed and walked towards Gray. With no response, she closed the bathroom door and jumped into the shower.

Sherlock scratched his head and walked to the living room. He walked to the window, and then his chair.

"Good morning Sherlock." John walked in, hung up his coat, and sat in his chair. "Is Gray still asleep, or in the shower?"

"Do we have a client?" Sherlock asked this, totally ignoring John's question. He folded his hands and put them up to his mouth.

"No, we do not. Did you hear me?" Mrs. Hudson walked in giving the boys their morning tea.

"Yes, of course. Gray is in the shower. She should be done soon." Sherlock looked at Mrs. Hudson and than John. "What?"

"You've changed a lot Sherlock Holmes." Mrs. Hudson laughed and walked into the kitchen.

"No I haven't." Sherlock folded his legs and put his hands on the arm rests.

"Whatever you say." Mrs. Hudson laughed again and then opened the fridge. "Dear God, Sherlock!" She quickly closed it. "How many times have I told you not to put heads in the fridge!" The landlord stomped out angrily.

Right than Gray walked out. Her dark, wet hair falling over her shoulders. Today her eyes were especially ocean blue, but that could be accord with the black she wore. She had on jeans, tenashoes, a black t-shirt, and her hair was down.

Gray laughed at Mrs. Hudson. "She is blaming you for something I did." Gray walked over to the couch and plopped down. "Oh, hello Uncle John. Is it alright if I call you that?" Gray felt hesitant calling her fathers best friend her uncle.

"Of course Gray. Sherlock is the little ones Uncle. What would make me not yours? How are you doing this morning dear?" John smiled at the girl.

"I am actually doing alright today. Weird awakening." She looked towards the man she calls her father. "How is Mary and the baby?"

John shook his head. "Both of them are doing alright. What do you mean weird awakening?" He looked at Sherlock, who was ignoring the two and their eye contact.

"You know when you wake up and your father is asleep right next to you." Gray just kept eye contact with the man.

"What happened to sleeping in Gray's bed?" John put down his computer and looked at Sherlock.

"It just happened." Sherlock scratched his head and looked down towards his cup of tea.

~~Flashback~~