Chapter 21

A clock on the table rung. "Thirty minutes, and Sherlock Holmes is still not here." Golem said this. He put on black gloves and turned the two kids toward each other.

Now Gray and Hugo were facing each other. Gray's wrists hurt from trying to get out. Hugo just watched her, and felt bad.

Ryu walked over and looked at Gray with a soft smile. "Anyong." He brushed his hand against her face. Gray moved her head away. "Ready to begin, Golem." Sebastian nodded his head.

"Pick a number in between one and ten." Ryu smiled.

"That's an unfair question. You could easily change your mind." Hugo and Gray thought this, but Hugo just said it outloud.

"Fine, I will write it on this piece of paper." Ryu wrote a number and then placed the paper face down at the floor. "Now, chose."

Gray was hesitant to chose her number. She didn't want to get it wrong, but also did not want to get it correct. "Eight." Hugo said this. Immediately he felt regret.

"Two." Gray said this. Ryu smiled. He raised the paper and showed the two.

"Sorry, Hugo, was the closest." The number was ten. Gray closed her eyes, but at least was happy that Hugo would live.

"No!" Hugo struggled in his chair. Sebastian put duct tape of Hugo's mouth. "Hush."

Ryu walked over with a kit of knives. He looked up at Gray. "I told you I didn't want to hurt you. Why did you chose the wrong number?"

"I didn't want to watch my friend get hurt." Gray gripped the chair. Ryu took out a long skinny knife. He took out scissors also.

Ryu began to cut Gray's jacket. She felt uncomfortable and clenched the chair. Ryu cut the jacket off and then threw it on the ground. Ryu put the scissors down and picked the knife back up. "Try not to scream to much. It will only hurt me and you more."

The sharp blade began to pierce into Gray's skin. She saw the tail of crimson red run across her arm. Tears streamed down her face, and she began to clench onto the chair again. The blade felt like a thousand needles.

Ryu stopped at her shoulder. He had created an intricate design of zig-zags from her elbow to the top of her shoulder. Ryu put the knife down and away.

"That will scar if you make it out." Ryu touched the cut. Gray winced in pain. "Hush. Don't want to make it harder for us do you?"

Hugo sat with tears in his eyes. He struggled in his chair. Ryu grabbed a scarf and wrapped it around Gray's neck. "That's for later." It was a red scarf.

Gray felt a tear fall down her face. She shook in her chair, but kept her eyes on Hugo. A muffled scream came from him. Tears were welling up in his eyes also.

"I-It's alright. I'm alright." Gray tried to smile at Hugo, but failed. Instead a whining cry came out. Ryu walked back over with a piece of her ripped up jacket. He began to tie her feet together in an intricate knot.

"It's a fishnet knot. The type that fishermen tie for fishing lines." Ryu looked up and smiled. "Just thought you would like to know. Most don't know me here. I only came to London to visit for awhile, my mom was here. Ended up killing someone and getting stuck in a debacle with Moriarty."

Gray hated the fact about how the person she thought could be her friend killed her mother, and is now going to kill her.

"I'm mostly known widely in South Korea. The police in Islam are probably getting confused why I haven't killed the tenth murder yet." Ryu reached up and tied Gray's hands. Her arm ached and she winced in pain. "Sorry."

"Stop saying that. If you were sorry you would have killed Moriarty already." Gray watched Ryu. She felt a bit of pity for him, but also hated him.

"I would have, but he has an army behind him. Your father once said that he is a spider in the middle of a web of criminals. As we know, spiders control each follicle of that web. There lies your uncle." Gray hated spiders. Had huge arachnophobia. She shived at the thought of one. Ryu smiled, but it quickly disappeared.

"Guess it's time." Gray looked at her hands. Ryu walked around and wrapped the scarf a bit tighter around her neck. "Biane." He grabbed on each end and tightened his grip.

"Goodbye Hugo." Gray had tears in her eyes. She watched as Hugo struggled in her seat. He wiggled and squirmed. Ryu leaned down and kissed Gray on the cheek.

"Goodbye Gray." The scarf tightened on Gray's neck. She struggled to breath, but after a while gave up. Hugo's screams were muffled and he struggled in his chair.

Eventually Gray got lightheaded. Hugo turned his head towards the door. There was yelling, and Sebastian was being taken by someone. Gray eventually blacked out, feeling the scarf lossen.