Chapter 5

"Why are you messing with Moriarty?" Sherlock grabbed his brother by the shoulder and clenched it.

"It's a long story, but let's just say I don't just owe him money. He actually wants my head." Peter coughed and took a deep breath in. When he had heard that Gray was related to Jim Moriarty, that scared him for any circumstances that may make Him come over.

"What did you do?" His brother's voice was firm. Sherlock did not give Peter the same interrogation voice he gave to him when they were younger. Peter had gotten caught up with his nemesis, and Sherlock, could tell it was not going to end well.

"I will tell you later. Sherlock, all you have to do is promise me that you and John will help me. Even if you have to get Mycroft in this, just please help me." Peter stood up and grabbed his brother's arm. Sherlock wanted to say no. He had no will on getting messed up in Peter's problems again, but this time it had to do with his daughter.

Jim Moriarty was Gray's Uncle. That is something that was not going away; and it meant that Sherlock and Moriarty were family. Peter was Sherlock's brother, and his favorite. Peter was the only normal one of the three boys, and he grew up to have trouble with criminals. Yet, on the other hand, all three boys did in a way.

"Fine, I will help you. Goodnight, Peter Augustus Holmes." Sherlock joked with his brother's middle name. Sherlock had a weird name, and so did his brother Mycroft, but he thought nothing could compare to Peter's middle name.

Peter let his brother go and Sherlock went to bed. With a relieving sigh, Peter walked to the couch. He was quite happy to know that his brother was going to help him, but that meant that his middle name was back into the picture. Peter hated his middle name, and Sherlock would always bring it up whenever Peter needed help with something.

~*~*

"Augustus, wake up." Peter woke to the horrible name. John sat in a chair in front of him drinking tea, and Sherlock sat in his chair smiling at Peter.

"Could you please stop calling me that?" Peter sat up and rubbed his head. Sherlock just sat back and continued to smile. "Did you tell John?"

"I told him that you were our new client, and that you needed to tell us the full story." Sherlock grinned again. "Sit down." He looked at the small chair in front of the boys. With a sigh, Peter got up and walked over. He was hesitant, but did as his brother said. "That's a good Augustus."

"Stop." Peter gave his brother strong look. Sherlock's smiled disappeared and he sat back in his chair.

"I knew it was weird how you guys had all weird names except for Peter. Now, that I know that your middle name is Augustus, that makes me feel better." John laughed while putting his cup of tea down.

"What? Better about your middle name? Hamish." Peter laughed at his middle name, but knew it was not as much as his name.

John scuffed at the boy and turned to Sherlock. He gave him a reassuring, 'speak' nodd. Sherlock nodded back and looked at Peter. "Tell him what you told me." Peter nodded.

"I am in a situation that means my life. It's with someone, that is not good news, and Gray can never know." He looked at the two longingly. "It's Jim Moriarty." John looked at Sherlock, then Peter, and Sherlock again in shock.

"Why him?" John sat up straight in his chair and coughed.

"We were partners on this job. It was a simple job, but then he declined me to work for him. It was a great advantage and I agreed. Later he asked me to kill someone, and I declined, stole some of his money, and ran. Moriarty did not like that, and has been looking for me since. I just got this letter." Peter handed the boys a ripped up letter. "It was threatening, that he was getting closer, and when he did find me, he will kill me. Probably torture me to death." Peter turned pale and shook in his chair.