Chapter 20

Gray tightened her grasp on her chair. She had been sitting there for an hour. The only thing she could think about is what Ryu said. About how he was going to claim her. How she was "Gap Dong's."

"Gray." She looked a Hugo. He had been watching how she was acting the past hour. "Everything will be fine. I promise, you nothing will happen. Sherlock will come. He has five hours left. Give him some time."

"I know Sherlock will come. Just I am scared what will happen with me, if he does." Gray loosened her grip on the chair.

"What? You mean Gap Dong?" Gray shook her head. "Don't worry about it. No matter what happens, I will always protect you. Always." Gray smiled. This was the reason why he was her friend.

~*~*

Sherlock only had one hour left. One hour and he was nowhere to be found. Gray was getting more and more impatient.

"Time is running out. Time to call." Jim dialed Sherlock. "Pick up. Here you take the phone. Say everything I tell you to, or else." One of Moriarty's men put a gun against Hugo's head. He cocked the gun, and the phone answered.

"Hello?"

"One hour left. Better hurry up Mr. Holmes." Gray had a tear fall down her face.

"Gray! Is everything alright? Has he hurt you?"

Gray looked over at Hugo. "Your little one is alright." She read from the propter that Jim had up. "Remember to do exactly what I told you to do Sherlock. Or else, you little one could get hurt."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

Gray started to find her father a bit stupid, but realized what his plan was. "My plan is that if you do not come the two have to be killed. At least one of them." THe white words popped up one after the other. "The one that lives has to see the other be torchered to death. Then, get's sent home with you."

Gray realized what was going on. She looked at Moriarty in hate.

"Gray, I will not let anything bad happen to you or Hugo. I-" Jim took the phone away and cut off the line.

"No more talk. He has only a little bit of time left. Better let your father get to work." Jim laughed. "Gap Dong! Golem!"

Ryu and Sebastian walked into the room. "In thirty minutes, if nothing happens, begin the torture." Jim walked out of the room.

Ryu looked at Gray. A grin ran across his face, and he tilted his head. "I won't hurt you that much. I promise." He had a chuckle come after.

"Gray!" She turned her direction towards Hugo. "Remember no matter what happens I will always protect you. If they make us decide who dies and who lives, let me die. You have a whole world waiting for you."

"Hugo, I can't let you die. Even if I did, how could I just sit there and watch you be torchered to death? That is worse than death to me." Tears ran down her face.

Ryu came up and wiped them with a handkerchief. "Don't cry just yet. Even then, I don't want you to cry." He smiled and then walked to one of the tables in the room.

Hugo nodded. "Don't cry Gray. I hate him, but I have to agree."

"Don't worry." Ryu yelled this from the other side of the room. "The feeling is mutual." Ryu was good with his English. He spoke Korean to Gray, but once in awhile would throw in English sentences for Hugo to hear.

Gray never feared death, ever. Yet, for her first time, she feared it. Not just for herself, but mostly for Hugo. What ever challenge they were planning, Gray had a feeling she was going to win it.

~*~*~

Yes, a short chapter, but I just want to get to the torture scene so badly.