Chapter 6

Gray shut the door and walked down the street. London was busy and loud, but not today. The sky was clear and people were happy. The rusty smell had calmed down a bit, but was still overpowering.

Jim caught his eye on Gray and ran up. ¨Good Morning, love.¨ His smile was warming and he laughed at the girl.

¨Morning Uncle James." Gray did feel a bit uncomfortable calling James, Uncle. It did not feel right, and she wanted to call him something else.

¨When are you just going to call me Jim? Uncle is so formal." His grin was haunting, but the smile was quite pleasant. Jim put his arm around the girl and they continued to walk down the street. Jim hailed a cab and they walked in.

"Where do you want to go? Mall? Brunch? Whatever you want to do." Jim looked at Gray. She liked getting to know him, and he seemed to be more human.

"Mall is good, and we can go to the food court after." Gray smiled and looked out the window. "James, thank you for being my friend. I don't' have any, and you have came the closest." Gray looked at the man who smiled.

"My pleasure. Plus, you remind me of my sister. I miss Katty a lot, but that does not mean I don't have to miss opportunities to get to know my niece." Jim smiled and looked forward. "Thank you for being my friend also. I too, don't have many who are loyal, or alive." Both laughed at the last word. Jim's friends always were disloyal and he had them killed. He never had a friend, and at one point wanted to be friends with Sherlock. Although Sherlock rejected and his brother got killed in the meantime.

"You are truly welcome." Gray smiled and looked out the window again. Dark Clouds were forming over the skies and she knew it was going to start to rain. Gray looked down at her bag and remembered the taser that lay there. She looked at the black box and ran her fingers around it. Which made a memory return.

*~Flashback~*

"Where should I go then?"

"Just run around. Grace, this is your home. You should be use to this by now." Mycroft walked into his office and closed the door.

Gray walked away and ran around. She was eight years old here and had not met James Moriarty yet. Gray knew that she was different from everyone else, but never knew what it was.

Gray ran past many different patient's cells. Never stopping at the locked doors, except one. There was a cell that was open. It looked to be Crazy Jerry's.

Crazy Jerry, was a criminal like James Moriarty, but everyone he made contact with, eventually got murdered. His cell was always locked. Jerry never got visits, and his food got brought in by remote. They had a small robot that could only deliver things. Gray would try to dissect it, but Mycroft always caught her.

"I'm not suppose to go in there, but I really want to." Gray jumped up and walked inside. "Hello? Crazy Jerry?" Nothing responded.

The cell was filled with pictures and scratches on the wall. The smell was excruciating, but Gray quickly got past it. The sheets of the bed were on the ground and a figure sat on the mattress.

"Crazy Jerry?" Gray walked closer and then the figure turned around.

"Who are you, no, nevermind I know." Jerry looked down. His green eyes shining brightly.

"Really?!" Gray walked a bit closer.

"Stop! Yes, I do. You are Gray Holmes. Mycroft's niece. What are you doing here?" Jerry looked at the girl.

"Wanted to meet you, Crazy Jerry." Gray smiled and walked closer.

"Stop calling me that. Crazy Jerry. I hate that name." Jerry looked down at the plastic knife in his hands.