Chapter 6

Vanessa's POV

I got to the office as soon as I could which was in less than 10 minutes or so. I went into their meeting room and saw Kevin sitting in a chair, his face pale and his hands shaking. Nick rushed over to me,"Ness tell me he's ok?", Poor Nicky he's scared outta his mind by now.

"Its ok Nick, its a stomach virus probably. But we'll get him checked just to be safe"

Kev saw that I was here but didnt get up, he wanted to but he was afraid to do so. I went over to him and got on my knees so Im at eye level with him. "Does it hurt baby?"

He shakes his head for no

"Babe talk to me, You're scaring me now"

"I feel ok"
"We'll go to the doctor now ok?"

"We're coming with", Howie says picking his jacket up

Howie's POV

"I dont see anything wrong. It could be an infection but here's a medicine for parasites", The doctor starts scribbling something on a piece of paper then he tears it off and hands it over to Ness.

"Are you sure its nothing serious?", Ness asks

"Yes, the symptoms do fit those for a parasite so. Yes Im sure but a check up is must. After this medicine finishes you should have another check up"

"Ok Thank you", Kevin says getting up and shaking hands with the doctor.

After hearing that it was nothing serious Kevin was a bit better, mentally that is. Since he knew what it was now.

"Kev buddy you okay?", I asked patting him on his back

"Yeah D, Im good. I guess I'll take the day off today that okay?"
"Yeah. Take all the time you need. Just be careful huh?"
"I will. Thanks D. Takeout?"
"NO", Ness and I yelled together

"Okay okay!!, you dont have to shout", Kev says laughing.

Kevin's POV

Back at home, Ness is fixing me some soup and she's not really saying much. I know for a fact that she's scared. I still remember what happened last week when I had that same flu/fever/upset stomach thing.

Yes, this was scary but Im okay. I have my meds and soon I'll be fine.

Propping against the door frame in our kitchen I looked at her as she covered the pan with a lid and took a long deep breath and covered her face in her hands, she leaned against the counter her face still buried in her hands.

My smile fades away. I cant stand seeing her like that. 

"Hey", I said hugging her
She planted a small kiss on my collarbone before hugging me tighter, "I have a bad feeling baby"

"Give me a week and I promise I'll get better. Okay? If not then we'll fix it"

"OK Kev"

The whole day she kept telling me to be careful, and not to skip my meds. She had me cancel all of my meetings and interviews for the next two weeks. I kept telling her Im okay, but I guess that means I can spend more time with her now. 

The blood kept coming and I started to get cramps now too. But this just day one so yeah, At night I felt some relief. Ness gave me my goodnight kiss and I slept peacefully.