Chapter 21

Vanessa's PoV
Hours go by and the anxiety was killing us. The doctor came out of the operating theatre and gave us updates. I had had 3 cups of coffee so I could stay awake. AJ and Nick had drifted off to sleep, Howie woke them up and drove them back to Brian's house with Baylee and Leigh-Anne. Brian and I stayed at the hospital. Waiting and Waiting and waiting and waiting.
We spent hours in prayer. We held hands and prayed. I read the Bible to calm me down and Brian went off into the chapel.

It was now 3AM. And we  had run out of things to do, we were still praying constantly but seemed to be getting nowhere.
We met Dr.Fletcher again and he told us all was good. Kev was having the traditional surgery where his abdomen would be opened up and the cancer from inside the colon would be taken out.
"He's not breathing, doctor", a nurse said to Dr.Fletcher.
Before darting into the room he turned to Brian and I and told us to pray. We did. We prayed...

Kevin's PoV
There was a bright light shining into my eyes. Then I felt myself move away from it. I looked around and saw nurses running around. Then I saw Dr.Fletcher coming in. And on the operating table....me?
Im dying. Im dying.. This is it. I wont see Nessa again. Or the boys. Or mom. Or my baby. I felt something pull me. I was levitating up, I threw my hands out to my body on the operating table. I yelled but got pulled into this white light...
I was now walking on clouds. I knew where I was. This was heaven.
"God!", I cried out.
"Oh Dear God no. Please I want to live!!", I said getting on my knees and pressing my palms together. "Holy God, please. Please!"
I caught a glimpse of a even.brighter, more blinding light. A heard a loud thunder, I quivered in fear. But I got an answer. There were no words. There was no need for words. I heard something in the distance. It was Brian and Nessa's voices. They were praying.
I zapped into the real world again. In the operating room. I was still on the table and still not breathing.
I easily walked through the crowd of people gathered around my body. I was invisible to them. I shook my body. "Wake up man. Wake up!!"

A/N: Cliff hangerrrr!!!! Muahahaghagaghahaga!!!