Chapter 2

After tirelessly arguing all day with the war council i walked out of the heated tent with Manhands at my heel. "How in Oblivion am i supposed to help you when all your commanders question my every move and motive? The formation they have now is still not good enough if they wish to be as effective" i groaned as i began to take a walk around the camp.

I never had to argue with my commanders before. One, because they respected me. Two, i was the general. Three, we never had a war with each other.

Now that none of those factored in, i was here. Angry and frustrated at the men who would not let me change much of the formation. But the general? The old man with the wolf pelt on his shoulder? He, i gained respect for. He did not question me unless he asked how that would affect things. He listened to me and he grew to respect me. Enough to let me change the formation to what was now acceptable but could still be improved. It was just his commanders who always questioned and challenged me. Though Manhands wasn't so much, she was quite keeping an eye on me. Much like now.

"Can you blame them for being cautious? You did kill all their brothers and sons" she said bitterly towards me. I choose to ignore her as i continued walking. "They wanted my help but do not allow me to help? Which do they want? I am not here to play games with you mortals" i growled turning on my heel facing Lady Manhands. She glared right back at me, challenging me. Something no one ever dared to do. It was so different. And aggravating. "Mortals? So you are immortal then? Live for ever watching everything you love wither away? Are you going to let this plague take away what you truly care about? You are better then them Fang"

Wow. what a pep talk. I need her to be my moral commander because dam. She's hot when she's fierce. The way my eyes looked her steel armor up and down, she was relatively flat chested but i didn't really mind that. The look i gave her was obvious and gave away what i thought of her. She seemed to blush and step away though. I smirked in response. "Thanks Commander, wouldn't be here without you" i said doing a mock salute and continued walking off.

She chose not to follow me now, letting me wonder the camp aimlessly. Many men stared and whispered as i walked by. Really what i was interested in, was if they had any whisky because i sure as hell needed some. Especially if i was to enter that tent again.

I found two men with their helmets off standing by some crates, most likely guarding them. As i came by they stood up straighter and began to sweat as if i was the sun. "Got any ale?" I asked as i stood in front of one man. He was taller then me and had short black hair. "What?" He asked blinking down at me. The fear in his eyes evident. So he probably wasn't trying to annoy me. "Ale? Whisky? Mead? Rum? Anything with a kick?" I asked him and he looked to his comrade then back at me. He nodded and gestured for me to follow him.

---------------------------------------------- 

This was a bad idea. Too late. I was already drunk and it was dusk, i was playing cards with some men. I was cheating of course. I had a few cards up my white sleeve but they were so baggy no one noticed. I was currently up hundred gold pieces and one man's leather armor and another's sword. Military issue i'm sure they weren't allowed to put on the betting table but i took them any way. A mug of strong moonshine was in my hand and my cards in the other. I put my cards down and immediately the small crowded around us cheered as the players groaned as i was now up hundred and thirty gold pieces.

I downed my moonshine and threw the mug on the floor. Before i could grab the deck to deal an iron glove caught my wrist. "Manhandsss! I'm on a roll!" I slurred as i looked up at her. She looked pissed. Shit what did i do. Shit is she going to hit me. Mommy always hit me. "If you hhit me i'll tear out sure ssspine" i growled at her and she frowned now and pulled me up. I managed to grab my pouch of gold from the table and stuff it in my pants.