Chapter 6

I was just at the point when i was pleasantly buzzed when Hex finally fell over and was laying on the dirty floor. No one bothered to pick her up, i thought she looked comfortable there and after getting hit a few times by Jordan's steel fist, i'm sure she'd be out for a while.

Drag had left us and the tavern was empty. Only lit by the candles around the room. The bartender and waitresses were cleaning up the place as me and Jordan were playing a game of cards. Hex on the floor by my feet. Her hood hid her face so i couldn't tell if she slept ugly or not.

"You cheat!" Jordan accused as i took her gold. I smiled and pulled all the cards into the stack. "And you are terrible at gambling" i shot back as i shuffled. Slipping an ace down on my lap. I mean she was quite blind at it, so it was easy to cheat with her and also she was really bad. "One more round, and i'll show you how a real witch sleeps" i said. She rolled her eyes "That made no sense" she said arguing with me.

"Witches sleep under beds, because, we're the monsters under our own beds" i told her and slid her her cards and dealt my own. Then i put the deck to the side tossing one coin into the center of the table.

"Do you think.." her voice trailed off no longer having any hint of humor. Oh no we were being serious? In my state? "We can actually win this... that Herlun won't be ash when we get back?" she asked. I closed my eyes groaning. "Jordan" i said with a sigh. "If you think of all the negative things, you'll never see the beauty that lives around you" i told her and opened my eyes. Her face set in frustration, her brows knitted together as her eyes glared daggers into me as usual. "Answer" she demand in her commander voice. I rolled my eyes at her. Fine, an answer for her stupid question.

"I believe when we get back from this long trip, we will have the army we need. If your precious capital of Hurlun still stands? Probably. Will it be on the brink of starvation with a horde on it's walls? Yes probably. Ash? No. your stupid general was the one that set them on fire remember? That was a backfire... Ha see what i did there?" i asked and in my excitement kicked Hex on accident. There was a groan under the table.

"What year is it?" i heard Hex ask as she was just picking herself off the floor. Both me and Jordan ignored her though. "Your not funny" Jordan told me with that glare. It was really growing on me now. "I'm very funny" i corrected. Hex stood up and glared at me "What the hell was in that?" she growled at me. I turned my attention to her now raising a single eyebrow. "I'm barely even buzzed! If i have known you were such a light weight i would have gotten you water" i defended myself. "I'm going to bed" she grumbled as she stalked off over to the staircase to our rooms. I smirked looking at Jordan "She'll be useful trust me" i told her confidently. "I highly doubt it" Jordan growled back.

"Also, all your money is mine now" i said laying down my cards. She slammed her fist on the table "Cheater!" she hissed at me and i laughed at her outburst. "You'll never know" i said as i stood up. "I'm going on a walk" i informed her as i made my way over to the front doors. "Fine, be back in an hour" Jordan commanded but i scoffed and choice not to respond. That by itself was a good enough response for her.