Chapter Part 18

"I don't think i've ever seen the ground this close up" i mumbled as jax's boot was still on the back of my neck. The ground in the alleyway was cobblestone like much of the walk ways, yet in the alleys it was more dusty. Then there was the fact there was little light. I could only get a shine of light reflecting off one of the windows onto the ground i now laid at.

"I expected this to be harder" Jax mused pressing the heel of her boot into the back of my neck. "Yet this is like finding any drunk pirate. So much for magic tricks" she said and i frowned. Eyes glaring as i turned my face trying to look up at her. "Well you just scared off my company so i don't have much to resist for" i said and placed my hands on the ground and forced myself up. Jax foot slid off my neck and back to the ground. She crossed her arms and shook her head as i got up on my feet. "Let me guess, she was selling vampire blood?" Jax asked with disapproval in her voice. I had to do a double take of what i just heard. Vampire blood? Selling here in Erisen?

Despite the name vampire blood was actually venom. From a vampire's fangs of course. A vary rare drug. One that was like squeezing the venom out of a snake. No vampire willingly signed up for that. No matter the coast. Is was plain torture.

In red Keep my mother turned people just to do that to them. It was a way of getting information and quick gold. She's been known to have sold it to Erisen and the underground market running in Kerulin. Erisen was always more open with drugs. Yet this one specifically was illegal everywhere. With the slayers having such a big presents here i was beginning to wonder why they hadn't greeted me at the dock. Or here in this alleyway. Where were they?

"Vampire blood? why hasn't the council or the slayers stopped it?" i asked outraged even if i wasn't technically a vampire. They were my kind in part. Jax seemed surprised by my outburst. Her arms dropping to her sides. "You haven't heard?" she asked brows knitting together. "Heard?" i repeated confused. "Vampires have infested Erisen. That's why i haven't been back here in a year... why else would i be at an empire port? "

And she was pointing this out now? Now of all times. The time where we talked about the slayers and the council and everything about this fucking city, she neglected to state vampires infested this place?

"How, why?" i asked and she leaned back against the brick wall of the tavern building. "Apparently, Shade Nox killed the vampire king in the free nomad's land. They've been practically washing up here" she explained which only got me more confused. That probably was the reasoning behind the metal hand. Maybe she burned it... But if she's a vampire now, her hand would be gone wielding flames. So many questions and i knew it was far too late to go try to catch her.

"So... Shade nox, stopped an oblivion crisis, killed a vampire king, and let's not forget the fact she's an agent of storm now... What the actual fuck? This is bullshit! More bullshit than the fact i'm possessed by a demon" i said it all out loud but it still didn't sound any better then in my head.

"Your posses-" she started but i cut her off. "That's not what we're talking about right now" i said quickly before she could continue on that subject. "How the hell did one girl get in the middle of all that?" I asked.

There was a silence at that. I could hear the sound of shouting and glasses breaking inside the bar. Jax then pushed herself off the wall. She then stalked towards me and i found myself tilting my head down to maintain eye contact. She then brought her hand up to my neck as she leaned in as if she was going to kiss me. I didn't lean into it as i was more interested in our conversation then kissing right now.

Her hand then slowly slid down to the opening of my 'shirt' that's was open down the middle. Her hot fingertips dragging down the lace that held the shirt together.