Chapter 10

The city was alive. Colors everywhere, from simple fabric hung over railings to the colorful clothing people wore. So many people moving all around somehow finding their ways through the crowds. Our group made it's way to the palace in the inner city. Escorted by personal house guards of course as soon as we entered the lovely city.

Now i was sitting in a very expensive wooden chair eating roasted pigeon, which was actually pretty good. Hex was also eating beside me with Jordan sitting at the head of the table with Drag sitting at her other side. "This is good" i stated still chewing my food. I then remembered my mother's lessons of edicate. No talking with food in mouth. I personally hated that one. Yet the slaps on my wrist made me do better then do it again. "Do you think Lord Hareld will lend us his personal guard?" Jordan asked straight to business.

I swallowed my food making sure i was good before speaking. "No" i answered. "Lords only want more land and power. Lord Hareld will probably be moving very soon with all his guards and treasure" i said.

"What a good observation" a women spoke making me jump. How in oblivion didn't i notice here? She was standing near the wall now coming into the light from the windows. She had long curly black hair and bright blue eyes. The way she walked... no swayed? Strutted... i don't know, it just was quiet. Too quiet... she was an assassin. I've been around enough to know. "Who are you?" Jordan asked. The women turned her attention to Jordan as i continued to eat. This could have been poisoned but i really didn't care anymore.

"Pardon my manor my lady, i'm Amber" she said. then i added "The lord's spymaster" Jordan rose her eyebrow at me in question how i knew that. "That's quite a statement? What makes you think that miss...?" she asked. Oh she didn't even know who i was? She was very uninformed then... or no one really knew that i actually stayed with princess Jordan.

I looked back at Jordan. "Do i not look scary anymore?" i asked as i took another bite. Jordan sighed "You're a bit underwhelming in that" she said. This caused me to look down at myself. I was still in my old bloody shirt from when i was tortured. Scratched and bloody chest plate with bracers on my forearm. Then the steel tipped boots and plain brown pants. I looked like a peasant. So yes, underwhelming was a good way to describe me right now.

"Well you sure know how to make a girl self conscious" i smirked at Jordan earning a blush as i then turned to Amber. "My name is Fateturl, But please call me Fang" i said and this got the assassins eyes to widen. "General Fang?" she asked as i continued to eat. "Your spies are uninformed of me then?" i asked speaking with my mouth full again. I half flinched expecting the snap of a stick hitting my hand. It never came and i flinched for nothing. It was noticeable too... awkward.

"I can assure you Fang, i have no idea about these 'spies' you speak of. Your oftly delusional" she said. I knew when i was being played. Especially politically, in front of political people of power, like Jordan. I stood up glaring at this spy. She smiled, i was playing into her hand. Or so she thought. I knew this game though, and i could play it just as well. "You walk like a shadow, bat your pretty eyelashes at men and women, learning their secrets... siren" i hissed. Everyone in the empire knew what a siren was. A siren was the empire's word for assassin who played the political game of thrones.

Jordan now stood. "Is that true?" Jordan asked. Amber glared at me. I wasn't playing the game. She had to think of a way to turn this around on me. But what would she come up with? I wonder. She looked over at Jordan with a coy smile. "If that were true i would have known that i was speaking to General Fang" she stated her eyes back to me with that smile. Oh she was good. I hated this game. It reminded me of home.

"And if you had known who i was i bet you wouldn't have played so lazy" i accused but this made her laugh. "You humor me Fang, for whatever game you think i am playing i am not. I'm simply here to greet my Lords Guests" She said. And to size them up no doubt. I bloody hated this game.