Chapter 8

We left early morning, Since we didn't have a spare horse Hex sat behind me playing with the straps on my armor. "I'm going to carve a dick on your back" she whispered numerous times but i never felt anything carving into the metal so i think i was good.

Life on the road was so boring. Me and hex came up with games we would play. Either playing a pranks on the soldiers or just something to keep us occupied as we trotted slowly along with the rest of the group. It was in this time i was so thankful i recruited her. Jordan would have just glared at me if i suggested we carve a dick on Drag's helmet.

It had been a full week when we reached the next village. Which of course was Hadies. The village Lazarus lived in. hell i was getting anxious to see her. If she still even lived here. To see how much she's changed... to see if she got over me. If she moved on with someone else... or maybe her parents ended up marrying her off... who knows.

Back when i took this route as General Of Red Keep, i purposely marched my army around this village. I couldn't bare the thought of her being hurt or even in danger. I was with Sara at the time as well and i figured that wasn't the best way of saying i was trying to move on. It was really complicated...

"Your offly twitchy suddenly" Hex whispered in my ear. Guess she didn't hear the rumors about me and Lazarus. Good. "Shut it, are we going to do it or what? When we enter the village it would be the best time" i suggested in a hushed tone. I couldn't let the others know what we were up to. Not yet at least."Don't we have to find a boy first?" Hex whispered confused how we were going to do this. "There's a squir in this village i know of, he's the one" i said and Hex giggled trying to hide her laugh.

Jordan glanced back at us as if she suspected i was fucking shit up. Not yet. "What you laughin bout now?" she asked and i shrugged. "There was this guy in a tavern once-" i started but she shook her head "Not one of those stories again" she sighed looking back ahead. I smirked. "He'll probably be with the soldiers along the wall" i whispered back to hex.

"Do you have them?" she whispered and i nodded then gave the horse a light kick to get it to go faster. We went ahead of Jordan to Drag who lead. I pulled the berries out a pouch on my belt. "Drag, you hungry? Hex and I found these berries?" i offered holding my hand out. I could see his eyes through the helmet. He had these very confused blue eyes but took the berries from my hand. "Thank you" he mumbled softly and ate them. "We figured a growing man would still be hungry, i mean you eat like a dog... no offence" i said and he scowled and kicked his horse to go faster leaving us behind and him up in front again.

Jordan was now riding beside us. "You didn't get me any?" she asked and both me and hex were smiling, trying our best not to. Which failed. She now glared "did you just poison our escort?" she asked hushed so the two soldiers behind couldn't hear. I shook my head "No! I would never do that" i said acting offended that she'd even suggest i'd do that. She still glared. She was on to us now. That wouldn't stop us though...

We rode in silence for a while, till we finally saw the wooden gates to the village. I sped the horse up to ride alongside Drag. he opened his mouth to speak but his voice failed and he touched his throat. Clearing his throat and trying again. Failed. Not even a hiss of air left his lips. I smirked. I leaned closer to him "you're my bitch now, got it?" i whispered to him. His eyes widened as he realized what i gave him. Netrian, a barry that taste normal but takes your voice with in seconds. Before he could do much to alert the others of what i did we reached the gates and a guard on the wall stood up.

"Open the gates! Royal escort!" he shouted alerting everyone of our arrival. I really couldn't help but think of lazarus. Remembering her red hair brought a smile to my lips even as i was going to torture Drag in a few seconds.