Chapter 3

A bath and a commander cat nap later, we were back on the road. We were at a running pace which was more of a jog for me. Which was sad since I haven't done running in over a year. anyways we ran a complete day before the commander was too out of breath and made camp.

I watched as she immediately passed out as she hit the floor. I hadn't even got a fire going and she was asleep. Lets not forget the part where I was tortured and also participated and that macure of a battle. Maybe it's because I have magic? I heal faster, move faster and it's hard to run out of breath.... Suppose I shouldn't be comparing myself to someone who is human.Well she no doubt will be hungry when she wakes, most humans are after a battle and exercise. To the forest I go, plenty of things to get there.

I returned at dawn with a deer over my shoulders and rabbits tied to my belt as well as a water skin I found. "Fang!" I heard The Commander shout and I moved a little faster worried she was under attack or something. I cleared the underbrush into the camp which I know knew was a stupid spot to camp at due to the fact I was very close and unseen.

"Commander?" I said and saw she was standing looking very annoyed and in distress. When she say me though she breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought you left" she said with no particular emotion being expressed. I shrugged "If I wanted to leave and never come back I wouldn't have saved you" I told her. She sat back down in the grass by the fire and frowned when she looked up at me again. "You think we can eat a whole deer?" She asked me confused.

Poor silly girl. I rolled my eyes. "The deer is mine the two rabbits are all yours" I said as I put the deer down. I took the rabbits off my belt and before I could ask Manhands give me a knife. I took it looking into her dark brown eyes I saw a form of trust. Not complete trust but enough to let me watch her back in combat.

After skinning, I was cooking the meat with magic since it would just be faster. I could see the disapproval in The Commander's eyes but she said nothing. She was very surprised when she looked up from finishing one of her rabbits that I was already done with the deer lazing on my back, basking in the sun.

"You ate that whole thing?" She asked as she stared at the bones beside me. I had my eyes closed as the sun poured into my skin. "Did you forget that I haven't eaten in a year?' I asked her. Then I sat up looking over at her. "Are you going to tell me your real name or am I just calling you manhands?"

"Jordan" she answered. "Jordan? Wait, I thought the king had a son named Jordan?" I asked her confused. I had a lot of spies in the castle during my invasion and they said a son not daughter. "What you heard was wrong" she said glaring at me as if touching a touchy subject for her.

I frowned trying to think why she would take that so personally. I squinted at her. Her face mostly, the strong jawline, chiseled cheekbones... Oh shit. Jordan is a man! Any sort of sexual attraction I had for her died right then. Why did he look like a she though? This was confusing... wait... this was why she was glaring at me.

She seemed to see the realization in my eyes and held her breath for what ever I had to say. I'm sure she's had to deal with a lot of crits being a heir to the throne. Many nobles center of gossip. I felt bad for her. "Well at least when you're with a women they get an extra package" I said smirking. She seemed surprised with my responce and I started laughing laying back down.

"Thats? What you think?" She asked me as if she was used to people calling her a freak for it. Probably because she was used to it. I sat back up controlling myself. I shrugged "Have you seen me lately? Child killer? Man eater? Witch? These titles of what I am go on and on. Is it really my place?" I asked her.

She nodded looking down now as if ashamed. "No but when has that ever stopped anyone?" She asked looking back to me. "Well if I hadn't reacted the way you did to that 'son' part I would have never guessed. Your a beautiful women" I told her as I now stood up. "Now that we're done with the touchy feelings and such, shouldn't we get a move on?" I asked really not know where to go with that topic. She nodded thankful for me to move on from that conversation.