Chapter 5

We left on horseback with a small escort. Supposedly the only veterans left in there small ten man army. There leader who was always ahead of us, was named Drag. I think it was short for something, knowing the names of today it probably was. I mean who names their child Fatetur? In my mother's tongue, Narvian, it means Harbinger. I felt like anything but that. She might as well have named me mass murder. That had more of a ring to it.

Well anyways this Drag man, was tall and fully suited in this shiny white armor. I mean we might as well draw targets on our backs with that. He had this giant sword much like Jordans, on his back. He always was looking around though i don't know how he saw out of that steel helmet he wore. Must have crippled him to have that on.

Drag and about three other escorts were with us. Really small escort if i might add. Though we were all trained warriors so that was a plus. I wonder if we would meet one of the cults that worship me as a god on our travels? That would be fun. I only heard rumors about them but i would definitely like to meet my own cult. I could make them do cult things... kill goats and drain their blood.... Or something of that nature. Those are the fun cults. I should know, my mother made one too. I was forced to join as i was 'born' into it. No blood sacrifices or anything but my mom is manipulating other people's religion viewpoint. it's hard to explain.

"So Drag" i began look at this suited man riding just in front of me. "Do you think we'll fight a DRAGon? Hopefuly i don't have to DRAG you out of the battle" i was just trying to get some entertainment out of this. At least Jorden had to fight to keep from smiling. "Drag, where are you dragging us?" i asked. The more i thought about this the harder it got. "To Rose Wood village" he said.

All my happiness drained from me as he said that. Rose Wood Village, the place i got twenty silver arrows stuck into me. I still had the little scars from where they went through on my chest. All that hurt and betrayal all over again. I wanted to ask that we skip over this village but i didn't want to show weakness. I didn't want to show them how much this place tore me up. On the inside as well as outside. That Spy might as well have been the one shooting those arrows through me.

I went silent as we approached the prosperous village. Many people stooped to look. None of them seem to recognize me. Good. i didn't want any talk from these villagers. We dismounted at a tavern. I kept my head down as i followed into the building behind Jordan. Drag had went in first, the other two gaurds watching the horses outside.

Drag went to the tavern owner to ask for beds or whatever he was doing. Me and Jordan sat down at a table. As soon as i sat down i waved one of the waitress'. "What can i get for ya?" she asked not even really looking to hard at us in the dim lighting. "Dragons Fire" i ordered which got the waitress eyes to widen as she looked at me. "I'm not sure a twig like yo-" she started but then stopped. A click went off in her head as she looked into my eyes."Fang" She breathed my name. If it wasn't the same waitress i ordered from last time. I saw how she now was shaking as she looked at me.

I wasn't that bad of a guest here. Ordered my drink then got a few arrows stuck in me right outside the tavern in the streets. "Just water" Jordan then ordered which got me to laugh and the waitress to run off quickly. "You know her?" Jordan asked and i shrugged. "She sated my thirst last time i was her" i answered only to receive a glare from her. "Is there isn't someone you haven't bedded?" she asked me. My eyebrow rose at this acusion. "First off, i've only slept with four women in my life. Second i meant she served me a drink. You dirty little girl" i said and nudged her with my foot under the table. Again i succeeded in making her blush and look away. "I love how your mind just jumped to that conclusion" i said tilting my chair back as folded my arms behind my head.

I leaned back enough so i could stare at the ceiling with no discomfort. I noticed a blood stain above me. Before i could respond to that someone hit my chair forcing it back on its four legs. I turned and glared at who dared to do that. Drag still had his helmet on so i couldn't really see his reaction to my glare. "I got the rooms" he announced and i clapped at his accomplishment. "Congratulations on adulting" i said and he choice not to respond as he took a seat to my left. "We will rest for the night and continue till we reach Hadies" he said. Gods they truly were using the route i took when i came here to kill them all. "And who put you in charge?" i asked.