Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I returned to my hamrock for the night reading over what i had written in the journal. There was no way in hell or oblivion i was ever going to actually publish this. To personal but that was the point. To let people see my side of everything. Then there was the fact that i was giving up my mother's secrets, if she ever found out i was writing about her, she'd make sure it was burned. And let's not forget about how i'd probably be hanged in the empire for admitting to all this shit. Being born with a demon in my soul, the Order will definitely have my head. The slayers would make me burn, fearing the power demons can give people.

Funny now that i think of it, demons were the cause of the infection called Rampids. It started with someone trying to open a small tear in this world, to bring a demon into the physical world. The demon's realm was Oblivion. Hell was just where a horde of the walking dead resided.

Basicly rampids only got like the horde they are now by one person seeking power from oblivion. This person seeking the power was then infected, by a blood seal. A blood seal demanding the demon to do something for the person and in return the person gave up their soul to this specific demon. What these people didn't know when agreeing to the blood seal, was that the demon would take their soul immediately after the task was done. The demon took their souls leaving them a mindless husk.

Rampid. No mind and the body slowly decayed to the point the blood turned black. A single bite or scratch from these creatures and that could turn anyone else into this mindless husk.

Now how did i know this? Well, i had a demon living in me for the beginning of my life. I was the demon but with a soul. It's knowledge is mine because at one point i was it. My father knew i was always a demon, that this person talking and responding to him was a demon. He sought a way to cure me. To turn this demon human. He outsmarted the demon. It killed him because it saw no more use of the man. And in doing so, it activated a soul trap. Merging his soul with me.

Now here i am. A quarter demon, a quarter witch, a quarter vampire and finally a quarter human. I was a very special case. I lived as a demon before i was even born. But i don't consider that part only demon really 'me'. Me and i were created when my father died. This demon part gave me it's memories, it's knowledge. It lived in the plains of oblivion to the point of boredom. It went through a tear between the living realm and oblivion first to steal a human's soul. Once it's task was complete it didn't want to leave the living realm. Oblivion was boring to them so they searched for something else. It found my body. The perfect vessel to hold all it's power. It lived in my body giving it purpose to continue to live. It feed me rage. And it feed off of it. Feeding a mindless body rage just to power itself.

It wasn't till what happened with Lazarus did i realize the demon was trying to separate itself from me. It's perfect vessel now a cage. Using the demon for my own gain. Out bursts like what had happened reminded me of this. It rarely tries to speak to me. Usually it will make some out burst occur when i'm angry and give me a message that way. Although it can perfectly talk to me in my head. Sometimes it was hard to tell if the demon was talking to me or if it was my own anxiety. It was hard to tell. So i guess the out burst must happen for it to give me the message.

It hasn't really happened lately. I hadn't waken up to finding someone i care about hurt by my own hand. It hasn't been... rebelling against me... maybe it will, when it see's what i'm trying to do. Rampids were mindless slaves to demons. That was why i wasn't attacked by the Rampids back in the valley. Rampids saw me as a demon. Yet i did not voice the demon's command so they did not listen to me. Also why i didn't try talking to them.

I shook my head growing tired of figuring out the philosophy of the world. I knew everything there was to demons and oblivion yet was clueless to what i actually wanted. I laid my head back and snapped my figures extinguishing the flame from the candle beside my hamrock. I listened to the sound of the wood of the ship creaking and water hitting up against it's boards. I was being gently rocked into my slumber.