Prologue

*This was one of my NaNoWriMo stories. Pics of the characters will be gradually added  at the right side. First one's Zack. Anyway, without further delay, here's the prologue! Thanks so much for reading, and enjoooy~*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Prologue

“What do you mean it’s over?!”

“I don’t see why you’re making such a big deal out of this,” he told her perfectly calm, “There was never anything between us to begin with.”

“We dated for a week!” she continued to yell.

He sighed. “I’m sorry for dragging it out like that.”

Just when she was about to smack him, he turned and left her. But she chased him down and jumped in front of him, spreading her arms out to block his path. He hid his fists in his pockets; if he hadn’t, she would have probably been on the floor right about now. He already had a reputation to uphold. Beating up girls wouldn’t make him that attractive anymore, now would it?

“Move,” he hissed at her.

“No,” she said simply, “Not until you explain to me why you... why I’m not good enough for you.” Her eyes became teary. “Why so soon? Did I do something to you? Did I do something to hurt you? I-if I did, I swear I can change! I-”

“Guys don’t like girls like you. You’re clingy as hell.”

She stiffened. “What?”

“You’re clingy, you look like a clown with all that make-up on whenever we go out, and you laugh at every single thing I say. Who would want to be with you?”

“I… I’m sorry…”

He rolled his eyes. “And you have no pride whatsoever.”

“How could you be so cruel?”

And there goes the million dollar question.

“You asked me to date you,” he started, “I agreed. I assumed you knew who I was. A week is all I give. No more, no less. That’s my deal and I don’t go back on my word. I won’t do that for you or anyone else.”

This time she did manage to slap him. If they hadn’t attracted enough curious bystanders by now, they sure did now. This was the last straw.

He took her by her collar and glared at her. Her anger seemed so petty next to his. “For your sake, I hope I never see you again…”

She cringed at this and looked away from him. As soon as he let her go, she ran off, pushing past the crowd surrounding them. He simply turned and walked off again, acting as if nothing had happened.