Chapter 18: Declaration of war

No wonder people say 'thank God it's Friday'. When school ended I was just happy I survived the week.

"I don't even know why she bothers to make it anonymous," Robin suddenly muttered, staring at a small piece of paper she took out of her bag.

"Huh?" I replied, peeking over her shoulder to look at it.

She held it up for me to see. The words 'you bitch' were written down in Phoebe's typical curly letters. I sighed.

"She's pathetic," Robin concluded, as if it wasn't obvious until now.

"Just ignore her," I reminded her.

She glanced at me as if wanting to ask me 'aww, do I have to?' before crumpling the paper and throwing it onto the floor. Sometimes her attitude really frightened me...

"So are you heading to work now?" she asked after we left the classroom.

"Yup," I replied.

"I'll drop you off then."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I've always wanted to check it out anyway. Or at least, since the day you told me you started working there."

I grinned. "Alright then."

I arrived earlier than usual for my shift, but Rhonda said I could hang out with Robin as I waited. I only had ten more minutes before my shift started, so there wasn't much I could do. Therefore I changed into my uniform and walked over to Robin. But before I could reach her table, a man called me to his table. He seemed to have thought I had already started my shift. It was a natural mistake judging from the uniform I was wearing.

I frowned at Robin. She giggled and formed an 'okay' sign with her hand. I smiled gratefully in return. Good, she got the message. I couldn't tell them my shift hadn't started yet. Well, I could, but it would be stupid for them to see me walking around ten minutes later taking orders anyway. Working an extra ten minutes wasn't that big of a disaster.

An hour in my shift and I spotted a specific customer walking in. Instead of walking over to her, I completely ignored her and walked over to Robin.

"Is there anything you would like to have, Miss?" I asked her with a smirk, "Sorry things turned out like this."

Robin smiled back. "No, it's alright. I mostly came to watch you work, anyway. And some water would be nice."

"Choose a dessert or something. It'll be on me."

"If you insist..." I was somewhat amused at her right now. Of all the people, I expected her to spot Phoebe walk in the fastest. Apparently she didn't. "I'll take a tiramisu then."

"A wise choice, milady," I replied, bowing.

She giggled and rolled her eyes. "People are staring at you." She suddenly widened her eyes. "Wait, what is she doing here?!"

Sure took her long enough... "Isn't it obvious? She's on her stalking duty."

Robin shuddered. "Okay, she's officially starting to creep me out..."

"Welcome to my world," I said, "I just wish you didn't have to be a part of it."

She didn't say anything about that. I muttered 'Be right back' and walked off again. But a sudden grip at my shirt forced me to stop. I turned halfway around and found Phoebe pouting at me. She sat alone at her table.

"Why are you ignoring me?" she whined.

"Let go," I hissed.

"I want my order to be taken, as well."