Chapter 7 - She knows

I woke to my alarm and took my shower. I slipped on a white lace bra set then medicined my tattoos. They itched like hell. I slipped on my grey shirt with white sheer at the bottom. Then my shorts overalls and my grey roshes. I strightened my hair then went in my room and grabbed my pink bag putting my school stuff in there.

I went downstairs and my dad was there on the couch sipping a beer. I kept walking and saw Vanessa on the ground. I picked her up by the arms and lifted her to the kitchen table.

"Dad what did you do to her?!" I exclaimed running to him on the couch.

"Don't you ever raise your voice at me!" He smacked me across the face.

I was finally sick of it. I lunged on him and started punching him in the face and didn't stop till he pushed me off him onto the table and it broke from the force. He kicked me in the rib and I grunted and clutches my side.

"Stupid bitch go to school!" He said picking up his beer and stood over me.

I got up and spit in his face and ran out. I sighed and got in my car. I pulled out my driveway and drove to Stacys. I caught her as she was about to get in her car. I got out of mine and ran to her. She pulled me into a hug.

"He hit you didn't he?" I didn't even answer I just cried into her shoulder.

"He hit me across the face then kicked me in his rib, but this time I fought him back."

"Oh shit." She looked up at me. "I'm sorry you have to deal with this. You can stay with us if you want. Well until you heal."

"I'm guess. But if and when I go home it'll be worse with him."

"Then we'll figure something out soon."

"Come on we gotta go." I wiped my face and got in my car.

I wiped my face with a baby wipe and did my make up in the school parking lot. I did grey eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and mascara and tried to cover my redding face and it worked pretty okay. It wasn't swollen but I knew by the end of the day it would.

I got out and went to my locker got my stuff and turned around and Pasily was right in my face.

"I don't have time for you." I say and try to push past her.

She pushed me back into the lockers, "You think you can do what ever to me don't you?"

I groaned in pain as it spread up my back to my rib.

"Fuck you." I spat out at her, then stumbled away to Nate who was walking by with Riley.

"Babe you okay?" Nate said reaching out to me.

I was about to respond but everything went black.

*~*

I fluttered my eyes open and noticed I was in the nurses office. I sat up slowly I could really feel my rib pain. The nurse knocked on the door and I said "Come in."

She opened the door and Stacy, Nate, and Riley came in behind her.

"How you feeling?" The nurse asked.

"Okay I guess." I said running a hand through my hair.

"Here take these every morning before school." She handed me relaxing pills and gave me an approval note.

"Thank you."

"I emailed your teachers and told them you were here they excused you."

"What happened?" I asked getting off of her stretcher bed thing.

"You fainted. Luckily Nate caught you. You could've gotten a concussion."

"Oh. Thanks Nate." I smiled a bit and he nodded at me.

"Your welcome."

"What period are we in?"

"Lunch." Stacy says.

"Ah my favorite class of the day."

They laugh at me and we leave. We swing by my locker but I took one of the pills out of my bottle and put them in my bag with the note. When I turned around Nate took my hand sliding another pill in it. I looked at him and smiled then raised an eye once Stacy and Riley got to talking.

"Xanie." He whispered.

"Oh I can't take that."

"Don't worry it a 5m you can handle it."

"Can I stay over tonight?"

"Maybe."

I pout and he kisses me. After I slipped the two pills under my tongue and got my lunch from the line and sat down. I opened my water first and swallowed the pills regularly minus the throwing head back.

"Did you just take the nurses pill?" Stacy asked.

"Yea." I say taking another sip of my water. "Why?"

"Paisley is on her way."

"Ugh!" I took a but of my sandwich I was hungry.

"Aw there's the little baby. Got to overwhelmed after my comment."

I just sat there eating my sandwich. Not even responding. Not fazed. Hoping for these pills to kick in like now. She sucked her teeth and walked over to Nate. That's when I stopped eating and put my sandwich down. I turned my head at her and looked like 'bitch I wish you would'.

She smirked and went to whisper something in his ear when he turned to me and put me in his lap so fast she whispered in me ear.

"Bet I could treat you better than her baby, remember that one time at the beach."

"You a nasty ass hoe you know that." I said looking her dead in the eyes as Nate wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Bitch-" She started.

"Bye." I finished and the bell rang.

She groaned and stomped off to her class.

*~*

The last few periods went by pretty fast. By the time I got home my dad said he didn't want me at the house for two weeks.

I said "Good I didn't wanna see your dead beat ass anyway."

I ran up to my room dropping my school bag and grabbed a bunch of clothes and shoes and threw the duffle bags out my room door.

He got my door open and pulled me by my hair. He threw me down the stairs my head slammed into the wall and he started kicking me all over and punching me full force. I couldn't walk by the time he was done with me.

I got had to crawl out the back door to get to my bags and then limp my way to my car. I wiped the blood off of my lip and re-makeuped my face. I called Blake and asked him if we could get high again tonight and he agreed. After I got off the phone with him I sent pictures of what my dad did and sent them to Sandy. I always take pictures of what he does hoping when the police find out I could use them as evidenced.