Chapter 13 - Changing

It's been a week the day of the spring formal and I haven't talked to Nate or Stacy. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. There was a knoch at my door and I opened the door. It was Nate and he looked sad.

"Nate what's wrong?" I said as he came in sitting on my bed and I closed the door.

"Look I don't want us to not talk, but fuck I don't want to break up over it." He says scratching his neck and I sighed.

"I get that. I only took a few." I got the pills from my nightstand and threw the bottle at him. He caught it.

"Throw them out." He threw the bottle back and nodded at the bathroom.

I sighed and opened the bathroom door. He followed me in and I lifted the lid to the toilet. I gave a look at him and opened the pill bottle. I dumped the pills in the toilet and flushed it. I turned to him and he was silent. He looked at me and I saw it in his eyes he really felt for me. It made tears come to my eyes.

"Thanks." I said putting a hand on his left bicep as my tears flew.

"Just don't do those again." He pulled me into a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around his neck then stood on my tippy toes.

"Ok." I sighed and wiped my tears away.

Once they where all gone I looked at Nate and kissed him.

"I missed you." We said I unison to each other and he flashed a smile at me.

"Now go get ready for the hearing." He ordered at me and I laughed shaking my head at him.

*-*

Vanessa and I testified against my dad and he got 75 to life for abuse and negligence along with attempted murder. Either way he'd die in prison.

Vanessa got the claim to become my permanent gardian. Which would be easy since she helped me through this I have faith in her. We hugged on our way out the court room. We cried together the nightmare was finally over.

"Thank you so much V." I praised her and she nodded at me.

"No problem. Thanks to this whole thing I got myself a family." She side hugged me and looked at her medium sized belly.

"Me too." I said happily.

*-*

The rest of the night was perfect. I got my baby back and now I just needed my best friend. I walked over to her and Riley standing outside the car. She came over for pictures so V didn't think something was up, but now the jig was up. I gave Riley a look and he moved away.

"Stacy I'm sorry for taking the pills but that was my way of coping with things ok. You can fault me however, but I need my best friend back. Besides Nate already made me ditch the pills. So please forgive me." I say staring her in the eyes and she sighs.

"I forgive you." She says and opens her arms up to me.

I smile wide and we hug for a long time. Finally Riley taps my shoulder "Can we go in now?"

"Yea." I say and Stacy flashes a smile at me.

(Only super short cause on the drama next chapter)