Chapter 16

Liam's POV

The past 2 weeks has been better, alot better. Emma has become her normal self and is no longer ill. Emma gave us all quite a big scare earlier in the week, which ended up with her being in hospital for a few days but she is all well and good now. Today me and the lads have to get back to the studio and start recording the new album, then me and Harry are going to help Danielle move hers and Caitlin's stuff back down to London...To live with me and Emma. Emma wasn't exsacly beaming with joy about them moving in with us but she claimed that whatever made us happy made her happy, which didn't seem convincing at all but I'm not going to dewl on the situation too much. I know she's spoken to Harry about a few things to do with Mine and Danielle's relationship but they wont tell me anything which is so annoying...All I ever want is the best for my daughter and right now...she making it so fucking difficult for me to do that. She always goes to one of the lads instead of me for help...It fucking hurts. 

"Li? You okay mate? You're thinking out loud..." Harry asked me. Shit. 

"Err-Y-yeah, I'm fine." I placed my head in my hands and sighed. "What did you hear?" I had to ask...

"It fucking hurts...What hurts Liam? Talk to me bud." I lifted my head up and looked straight at Harry. It will only hurt him for him knowing why I am hurting. No scrap that, it will hurt him for knowing why I am dying deep down inside. I can't do that to my best friend...EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKED UP. 

"Nothing Haz. Doesn't matter." I stood up and headed upstairs towards my room. I noticed Emma's door open, Emma was sat on her bed with Niall's guitar strumming random cords, singing along to them. That's it. She's recording as well today. I walked into her room and sat down beside her. 

"Hello Dad." Well, that put a smile on my face. 

"Hey Princess, how about you do some recording in the studio as well as us boys. Saves you sitting there being bored..." Emma's eyes instantly widened, a smile errupted across her face. 

"Are you serious?" I nodded. "I have nothing to record though..." 

"Don't give me that crap Em, you write at least 3 new songs a day. Niall wants his baby back by the way..." Emma nodded and signalled for me to leave. I stood up from the bed and kissed her forehead and left. I'm glad she wanted to record, she has such a wonderful voice but she doesn't half pull some crap. Got nothing to record my ass. I headed back downstairs to see all the lads sat around giggling and just being themselves as normal. We all seem to gather at my flat before tours or recording days or single gigs...Why I've not got the slightest clue but that's what we've always done so it isn't going to stop now.

"I will find out what's hurting you Li, you know I don't give up that easily...Why wont you talk to me?" I sighed, fuck sake Harry. 

"Because there's nothing to talk about, just fucking leave it." Harry nodded and headed back to the dinning room. "EMMA, COME HUN, WE NEED TO GO." 

"Coming!" She hurried down the stairs and followed us all out to the cars. I didn't understand why. Why Harry had to keep pushing me for answers all the time. I need to tell someone but I'm afriad that if I do I will just hurt them, which will kill me more...

Niall's POV 

We've been in the studio for 3 hours now and Liam has hardly said a thing since his spat at Harry. Emma was now recording some songs in the studio so I decided to take Li out to talk to him because he's never like this. I decided to take Li out to Milkshake City seeing as Emma would be in the studio for a while. We entered the shop and order our usual milkshakes. We sat at our usual group table. 

"Alright Liam, cut the shit and tell me what's wrong." 

"Nothing is wrong why Ni?" What the actual fuck? 

"Don't lie Liam. You're never like this. Tell me what's wrong now...Is it Josh? You know, Harry's step brother?" 

"Yes and no. He appears to be lusting over my daughter and she doesn't care. She appears to be lusting back. The media are going to enjoy this story but not really." I nodded and let Liam continue. Maybe we will get somewhere. "It's Emma. She never comes to me about anything, it's always one of you guys and she isn't overly happy about Danielle and Caitlin moving in either. All I want to do is give her everything and help her but she's not letting me Ni. It fucking hurts..." Liam paused for a second. Considering what he had just said. "No, scrap that Niall, it fucking kills me...I'm just an awful father..." Tears were now flowing freely from Liam's eyes, the only time I've seen Liam cry like this is when Megan left him. Shit, this is serious. 

"Liam, you're not an awful dad. You're the best dad anyone could wish for. As for Josh and her...just let them be. If they want to be they will be. Be happy for her, she can't stay your little girl forever...She has to grow up, like you have...trust me Li." 

"What would you know, you don't have children..." 

"I know I don't but I learn from the best." I smiled and laughed. Liam let of a weak smile. At least he is being himself again. Emma will go to him eventually. She's going to have no choice soon, unless she goes back to her mothers which is highly unlikely...isn't it?

Emma's POV

That was one of the best experiences of my whole life. Recording my own songs in a studio where so many big artist have recorded. Gosh. I was kinda nervous though. I mean singing infront of my uncles and dad isn't so bad as I'm used to them listening but Josh on the other hand is a little more weird. I've known him for a week, since I was beginning to become better and I'd fallen hard for him and this was the first time I had fallen for anyone because my mother always told me that it was wrong to fall for people...Thinking of my mum, I'm concidering going to Spain to help her with her drug and drink adicttions, which I know will hurt dad because I asked him to promise that he wouldn't let me go back but too be fair, I truely believe she still loves him because 'Drunked talks speak Sober thoughts' and I know he loves her. Even if he wont admit it. I want us to be the family I know we can be...no matter what's happened in the past it's gone now. The future is the only thing you should focus on... and I don't see that with Danielle, I have nothing against her, she is lovely and Caitlin is adorable but still...I have to go help her. No one eles will but I don't plan to leave yet. I want to see how the whole 'Danielle and Caitlin moving in' situation turns out first. I've always said to Dad that what makes him happy makes me happy and I truely mean it but I don't see a future. 

Talking about futures, I could deffinatly picture one with Josh. I could also picture myself becoming a singer and following my fathers carer path but I'm sure that it's the right thing to do. I've seen what he has to deal with. It would be a little much but you never know. I came out of the recording booth and sat beside Uncle Zayn. I looked around to see Dad and Uncle Niall had disappered, then my gaze got diverted over in the direction of where Josh was sitting. Josh had been living with Harry for a week now. Harry's mum and step-dad are away for a while so Josh being Harry's step-brother has had to come live with him meaning he goes where Harry goes, Like I go where Dad goes. Josh was unaware of me staring at him, I realised what I was doing but I couldn't stop. My eyes just would not budge. He was gorgeous. Just everything about him. 

"Emma? You okay?" OMG. His voice is just breath taking.

"I'm fine." I shook my head out of my daze and smiled. 

"You were staring that's all..." 

"Oh, I'm sorry...I guess your a little to irresistable." I winked slightly at Josh, remembering that Harry was still in the room but Zayn, Haz and Lou got the message and said they were going to find Dad and Niall, which was a complete lie. 

"Am I now?" I nodded and smiled widely. Josh began to come closer too me. His eyes were stairing straight into mine. Oh, how beautiful his eyes are...gosh. Josh began to lean in towards my face, without thinking twice I followed. We both leaned in until our lips were touching. Our lips began to move in sync. I raised my arms and wrapped them around Josh's neck as he raised his hand upto my cheek. Josh smiled into the kiss...The door crreked open but too be fair, neither of us pulled away. We didn't care...

"Emma Louise Payne." 

"Joshua James Smith." 

SHIT!