Chapter 18

Liam's POV 

Today's the day...I, Liam James Payne, 1/5 members of One Direction are going to flipping court. Niall had offered to come with me but with about an hours worth of arguing with him on why I would or wouldn't be good to come he said he'd leave it but he'd be ready to come if I needed him. So all was good. Danielle was in looking after Emma and Caitlin, I also believe Niall is coming round as well. The other lads know of me going to court because of Megan but they decided it would be a good idea to leave it. My thoughts got snapped back when Caitlin started to cry. I continued to get dressed in my black suit with a white shirt and purple tie, topped with my black shoes. I quickly ran my hands through my hair, untangling it. 

"You'll be fine Li, don't worry about it" 

"That's all I can do. I can make her take a drug and alcohol test and if she passes them she could win back Emma." 

"But that's not going to happen Liam, trust me..." I glanced over to the clock to see it's nearly 9:45. I kissed Danielle goodbye. 

"Look after Emma please!" Danielle nodded. I left the flat and climbed into my car. Turning on the radio and blasting out Ed Sheeran. After driving for about 10 minuets, I arrived at the courthouse. 

My solicitor, Karen led me into the courtroom where we sat on the left side infront of the judge. Megan was sat on the left side. A policeman came to the front of the room and told everyone to stand. We all stood and waited for the judge to come in. Lisa, the women who wrote the letter was judging the case. 

"Mr. Payne, Ms. Dale...You both understand why we are here today?" I nodded as did Megan. "We are here as a custody battle for 15 year old Emma Louise Payne. Ms. Dale is claiming that when she turned upto your hotel in America when you were touring with One Direction just over 3 weeks ago, you denied access to Ms. Dale for her to see or take Emma from you. Is that correct?" 

"Yes your honor." 

"Why?"

"I denied access for Megan to get to Emma for the simple reason she had been drinking and taking drugs on the day she wanted Emma back. We argued and Megan kissed me...without me wanting her too. Since the day Megan turned up, Emma has been having nightmares about her past with her mother and begged me not to let her take her back." 

"What were these nightmares about?" 

"I don't know exsacly as she wouldn't tell me but Mr. Malik knows if you would like to call to ask." 

"That's okay, he's over there." I turned around to see Zayn, Louis, Niall and Harry watching what happens. Fuck sake. "Mr. Malik can you please tell the court what Emma's nightmares were about?" 

"I can. Emma told me that her nightmares were about her mum and ex partner Jack. They would constantly argue and she would sit upastairs with Charlie. Jack's son, and comfort him until it stops but this one nightmare didn't stop. Megan came up the stairs with a knife and threatened to kill her with it. This dream was repettive for about a week until she would have flashbacks of the day Megan sent Emma into care. Megan abused her by throwing her into a wall and slapping her across the face." 

"Thankyou Mr. Malik." Zayn sat back down and nodded too me. "So Mr.Payne how did it come around to you getting custody of Emma in the first place?" 

"I was on tour in America with the lads which started over a month ago and after about 2 weeks of being on tour I got an emergancy letter from Megan." 

"May I see the letter?" I nodded and handed the policeman the letter. Lisa read the letter and nodded for me to continue. 

"I left America for a few days to take her out of care and she came back on tour with us. Megan turned up about a week or so later." 

"Is this correct Ms. Dale?" 

"Yes, your honor." 

"Tell us your side of the story...Why do you want Emma back with you?" 

"I want Emma back because I had previously failed her and it was wrong of me. Liam's lifestyles isn't one a 15 year old girl should be getting into. It's not good." I actually couldn't believe her. 

"So because you think my lifestyles isn't good for Emma you want her back? That's pathetic Megan. Really pathetic. So Oscar, Louis son shouldn't be living with him because he's famous? How low can you get Megan seriously. I don't even want to hear your story because it will be rubbish." I turned back to Lisa and sighed. "Your honor if you can I would like Megan to take a drug and Alcohol test before we proceed...I want to see if she is actually fit to be a mother." 

"Mr.Payne. Are you claiming that Ms.Dale has a drug and drink problem." 

"Yes I am your honor." 

"Very well. Ms. Dale you will under go a drug and alcohol test. As of which if you fail you will no longer be able to battle for Emma. If you fail we will give Mr.Payne the right to keep Emma under his full custody for the next 3 years then of which Emma will be old enough to decide what she wants to do. If after the 3 years you still want Emma to move to Spain to have a life there you can come back and start a custody battle but not until then. Mr.Payne you do understand that if Megan does pass she has alot more of a higher chance of getting Emma back?" 

"I understand your honor." 

"Court has been suspended for 5 minuets." 

Emma's POV 

"Good morning Em." 

"Morning Dani!" I headed over to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of ceral. I sat at the table infront of Dani. Too be fair Dani isn't as bad as what I thought she would be. She comforted me alot last night. 

"How's Dad getting on?" 

"They are on a 5 minuet break while the make Megan take a drung and drink test...If she fails Liam gets full custody of you for the next 3 years but if she passes she has a higher chance above Li of getting custody of you." 

"That's not fair..." Danielle nodded and looked over to Caitlin. I took my bowl back into the kitchen and placed it in the sink. I headed back out into the living room and picked up Caitlin. She is the most adorable baby ever. Too be honest I'm proud to call her my sister. Danielle sat watching me play with Caitlin from the table. 

"You're amazing with her Emma...Seriously." I turned and smiled at Danielle. I'm not that amazing with kids... 

Liam's POV 

"Court is back in session. Ms.Dale can you please comfirm that you have taken the test." 

"Yes I have your honor." I'm starting to get bored of her voice now. She is pissing me off. 

"Ms. Dale is there anything you would like to say that may go towards your case depending on whether you pass or fail?" 

"Yes, Liam isn't right to look after Emma. He's an idiot that's too far up in dreamy land with his career and new girlfriend, Emma doesn't deserve Liam as a father." 

"I do have to say Megan, you should have thought of that before you wanted me to take her out of care then shouldn't you Megan. Emma deserves me more than you. Grow up." 

"Alright. We have the results to Ms.Dales drug test and acoording to them Ms.Dale you have failed your test. The test found traces of Weed, canabis and vodka in your system. Do you understand what this means?" 

"Yes." 

"Mr.Payne you have the right to take full custody of Emma for the next 3 years. Then of which if Ms.Dale decides she still wants Emma, we shall do another test which will deffine who gets Emma. As for now...Mr.Payne has full custody of Emma Louise Payne. Court session has ended." 

"Thankyou your honor." I looked over at the lads and smiled. Thank god for that. 

"You're a twat Liam. I don't know why I ever laid eyes on you." 

"Your drunk and high Megan. Go home." 

"No. I wont. I'm staying and I will get Emma back before next year and you can garentee that..." 

"Not on my watch. Leave us alone." And with that Megan got removed from the courtroom. I can't wait to go and tell my princess the news. 

Emma, is finally mine...