Big Mistake Chapter Ten

Lee Anna

            After talking with Daniel about Lilly, I headed to my room and got ready. After taking a shower I headed into my room and sat on the bed. It was too early to get dressed as it was only five. I decided to log onto my Facebook account and look at what my friends from home had been saying. However, there was nothing good or interesting on it. Eventually I just slipped on my dress and headed to Lilly and Daniel’s room. I knocked on the door and Daniel said to come in.

            “How is she doing?” “Well, she hasn’t woken up yet, so I am not sure.  I haven’t gotten the results back yet, so I am still waiting for them.” “Do you have any idea on what is going on?” “Yes and no. Since I am not sure yet, I’m not saying anything. I want to be sure.” “Fine, so did you call daddy?” “Yes, he will be here either tonight or tomorrow. He knows she is sick but I didn’t tell him she won’t wake up. I am just hopping she wakes up soon. Maybe she will be up later. I am giving her a lot of fluids.” “OK, well I am going to go get ready so I will be out of your hair for the night. If you need me all you have to do is call me.” “I know that. Be careful, and don’t do anything stupid.” “Well I won’t promise anything. Love ya Dan.” “Love ya to Lee.”

            After I got dressed it was time to head down to the lobby. I wore my knee length white dress with a pair of white pumps. Plus I had my eyes done in a smoky fashion. As soon as I got down stairs I saw Christian, he was waiting for me just like he said he would. “Well you look beautiful tonight.” “Thank you, you look dashing as well.” He was in a black suit with a white shirt on underneath. “How is your sister doing?” “Well Daniel took some blood and is testing it. She passed out and hasn’t woken up yet. So he is doing all he can.” “Are you sure that you should be going out?” “I told Dan that if anything changes to call me and I will come home. I hope that is ok with you. I just don’t want to be in his way. Plus my dad is coming in tonight or tomorrow.” “Oh, ok, well are you ready to go then?” “Yes, thank you.”

            After we left the hotel we headed to a restaurant about a block from the hotel. It was a little Italian place. During dinner we had some wine, and we both had spaghetti and meat balls. It was our favorite dish, plus we had garlic bread with it as well. During dinner we talked about our jobs and family. Since he already knew most of my family, we talked about his.  Christian is an only child and his parents live in New York, and his grandparents lived in Dallas. He had his own practice and he was the only attorney in his law firm.  He also lived on a ranch, with horses as well.  We both talked a lot during dinner. When we were done with dinner Christian asked if I wanted to go see a show, so I agreed.

            When the show that we were watching was over, it was getting a little late but we were having so much fun that we decided just to walk around the strip. I showed him some of my favorite spots, that I use to go to when I was younger and daddy had us here in Vegas. While we were walking Christian was like “I know we haven’t known each other very long, and we thought that I was married to your sister. However, I really like you, and I was wondering if you would marry me. I know it may be too soon, and you don’t have to say yes. I think I am just rambling, but I feel this strong connection with you.” “Christian, I am having a good time with you, and I have loved talking to you. I think we have a strong connection as well. So let’s get married. However, I don’t want anyone we know there. Let it just be us. Since Daniel is with Lilly, and I don’t really like Sam.” “That is fine; Sam is getting on my nerves as well. I should have left him at home, but he is my cousin and friend so I couldn’t.” “Well he needs some manners. So let’s go do this. But we have to go to another wedding chapel, not the one you and Lilly used.” “That is fine with me, and after we get married, how are we going to tell you family, and are you going to move to Dallas with me. You can work for me until you get your degree.”  “We will tell them all tomorrow, and yes I will move to Dallas for you.”

            After talking, Christian and I both found a chapel that was open. Neither one of us was drunk so that was a plus. We decided just to buy normal bands. “Lee Anna, what type of ring do you want?” “Christian, I don’t want anything to fancy right now. How about we do the regular gold bands and we can get a small diamond in mine.” “Are you sure?” “Yes, I just want to marry you, nothing else matters.” “OK, then that is what we will do.”

            We picked out our rings, went up to the guy that did the weddings and we got married. It was going on midnight after everything was done and said. I was officially Mrs. Lee Anna Marie Carter. We left the Chapel and we both decided to head back to the hotel. “Are you sharing a room with Sam?” “Yes darling, I am.” “Well how about we get another room, just for ourselves, that way we can spend the night in each other’s arms and not have to worry about anyone.” “OK, let’s go see if they have any rooms.” I forgot I hadn’t told him daddy owns the hotel. Once we were at the hotel we both walked up to the receptionist.

            “Good evening Miss Jonas, your father arrived earlier tonight. Is there something that I can do for you?” “Hi Mary, yes I am in need of a room. I want the Honeymoon suit if at all possible.” “Yes ma’am, and how long are you wanting it for?” “Christian, how long do you want to stay in the room for?” “Um, two nights will be good; I have to go back to Dallas Friday morning.” “Mary, we will stay until Friday morning.” “Yes ma’am, well you are in luck it is open. Is there anything else miss?” “Yes, do not tell Daniel or daddy about this. I will go see them in the morning.” “Yes Ma’am, I will not tell Daniel or your father anything.”

“Tell your father what.” I knew from the voice that it was daddy, so I took the room keys from Mary and told her that was all. Then I turned around and looked at my father. “Good evening daddy, I would like you to meet Christian. Christian, please meet my daddy Mr. Lucas Jonas.” “Hello sir, it is nice to meet you.” “Son, it is a pleasure, you are the one my little girl was telling me about.” “Yes daddy he was.” “Well it is nice to meet you. Of course it would have been better if it was at a reasonable hour.” “Yes sir I agree, I am sorry sir that it is so late.” “Oh, non-since, it is fine, as long as you are treating my daughter like a princess.” “Yes, sir I am.” “Good then I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow. Lee Anna, what did you not want Mary to tell me?” “Oh, well you see Christian and I decided to get married and I want to stay the night in the Honey moon suite.” “Did she give you the keys?” “Yes sir she did. Good, we will talk about this tomorrow. I am going to go talk to your sister and brother. I will see you both by noon tomorrow in my office.” “Yes Sir, love you daddy.” “Love you too princess. Nice meeting you Christian.”

With that daddy left and I took Christian’s hand and we headed up to our suit. “How did you get the honeymoon suit just like that without any questions? And where is your dad’s office?”  I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to tell him like this but I knew I had no choice. So once we got onto the elevator I told him. “I will tell you everything when we get up to our suit, I can’t talk about it out in the open.” “OK, but you will tell me right. I mean your dad looked scary and the receptionist tried to run when she saw him.” “Yes we will talk about it, as it is something that you need to know.” The rest of the ride to our room was quite, and we were kissing each other.