Chapter Eight: The Prophecy

Axel took me out of the room today. I'm currently in his study because he thinks that if we spend more time together he can brain wash me into thinking we are mates. That is why I have spent the last hour lying on the couch and throwing paper at him. So far, he has caught every one of them. It's annoying.
       "Why don't you find a book to read?" Axel suggests with a tired sigh. I grunt and go search his bookshelf. Everything looks boring and has to do with being an alpha. I skim the titles until one sticks out to me. The Massacre of the Farwell Pack. Against my better judgement, I open the book. Inside is a picture of almost the entire pack. Mom and Dad had the same picture framed in our living room. Kate was only three and my best friend and I were only babies. I recognize everyone even though it has been years since I have seen their faces. Under the picture reads, The Pack with the most love, the Farwell Pack, 1995. It's short, cheesy, but true. Everyone there was like family. I stare at my families faces. The happy family at the bottom of the stairs next to the Alphas. Mom's pretty red hair is in a braid, me in her arms, Dad was still trying to work a mustache, and Kate's short brown hair was pulled into adorable pig tails. I flip the page.
What happened on the night of December 15, 2006 remains a mystery. That day was labeled a massacre because the entire pack was killed. It is assumed it was a rogue attack but that is all we have.
A merciless killing spree took the lives of over 200 lives. The attack was ruthless and claimed the lives of even women and children. No known survivors. The names will be listed.
Alpha Renald Marts and Luna Karen Marts: Deceased.
Laina Marts: Deceased.
Beta Gaberiel Gards and Mia Gards: Deceased.
The bodies of their daughters, Katherine Gards and Kristine Gards, were not found. Presumed deceased.
Gamma Gordan Tyler: Deceased.
       I read every name in the book. All two hundred and thirty-five of them. Every person whom I will get revenge for. That was an organized attack on my pack and I want to know who did it. The Farwell Pack was a friendly pack. We had no enemies. We were too small to be seen as a threat.
       "Find something interesting to read?" Axel asks.
       "No." I snarl as I slam the book closed and put it back where it came from. I don't need to read a book about an attack I witnessed. The book didn't even have any suspects listed, only that they assumed rogues did it. They were right about that. Rogues did massacre that pack. But I have been hunting rogues for years, they are all dangerous but none of them would be smart enough to plan an attack on a pack. That would be stupid, even for them. They always go after lone wolves. Easy targets. Most rogues are driven mad without a pack, some were exiled because they were insane and did a crime. None of the rogues I have killed could ever plan something that big.
       I lay back down on the couch. Who would want to attack the pack? We had good fighters but not great. My Alpha was allied with all surrounding packs. Dad would go on for hours about how Alpha took such good care of the entire pack. We had not one enemy. The images of the horrid night start to come to mind, so I shove them back down. Concentrating on where my next target of rogues should be.
       I heard of a little rogue group in Wyoming a while ago, I wonder if they are still there.... The chances are slim but it's still worth a shot. I only passed that lead up because this one seemed more promising. Now that this one is a bust, it wouldn't hurt to head that way. The sound of a knock on the door startles me out of my thoughts. I look to the door as Axel tells the person to come in. A girl with very large blue eyes, white blonde hair, pale skin, who stands about my height comes in. Her strangely large eyes lock on mine before she speaks.
"Their past is stained with blood,
Their hands will match
They will take our lead,
But if they are to succeed, they shall first fail,
The corrupt will fall,
The honest will rule,
Blood still stains for those who drew it,
We shall be the deciders,
They shall be the one who rises,
Or the one who falls."
       I give her a weird look as she comes out of her trance like state before glancing to Axel. He looks at her with wide surprised eyes.
       "Oracle, you are saying she is the prophesied one?" Axel asks the strange girl. I look back to Axel, the girl can't be older than twelve, is she actually saying something of great importance? And Oracle? What is that? The young female's eyes begin to clear.
       "Yes, I believe she is, Alpha." She replies. Oracle stares at me with her odd blue eyes. I feel as if she is challenging me even though I know that is absurd, she represents all that is delicate and none threatening.
       "Whoa whoa whoa, someone tell me what the hell is going on!" I demand, becoming annoyed that I am the only one who doesn't know what is going on. Axel's gaze retreats from the girl to focus on me, why the Oracle looks slightly shocked that I yelled.
       "You are the prophesied one.... I... We.... The pack.... Everyone has waited a hundred years for you." He stutters on autopilot.
       "I am not 'the prophesied one', I'm a no body." I snarl. I know I don't have any good reason to be angry at them at this second. Wait, I am locked in a pack house, my shin is still hurt, I just read how pathetic of an investigation on the massacre of my pack, and now they are accusing me of being a prophesied one. I have every right to be angry.
       "My mate is in a prophecy...." Axel whispers in shock. I curl my lip at him, he knows where I stand on the whole mate thing.
       "I will take my leave, Alpha, it seems you have business to take care of. I'll tell you why I came to speak with you, later." Oracle says, politely putting it that Axel is about to have a lose it. I look at her with eyes that hopefully are pleading for her to stay. Something is about to break and I am pretty sure that it is going to be Axel's thought process. The dang child ignores my stare at leaves.
      "Stop looking at me." I growl at the dumbfounded man. I could feel his eyes burning into me while I glared at the door, now I am glaring at him. "I don't know what that little girl was talking about but I do know that you are now dazed and annoying."

Hello everyone, Cheshire here. Sorry it took so long for the update, I've been either sick or busy for awhile now. But here is the update. I'll try to update more often from now on but I want to make sure what I am posting is the best I have for that chapter. Please vote and comment, encouraging things please. Any hateful comments will be deleted.