Chapter Twelve: Voice

●●●●●
Axel
●●●●●

        I'm sitting at my desk, staring at a map. Red X's mark the places were packs I've called have informed me that their has been no rogue passing through. All the sudden, I am filled with mixed emotions. Anger, sorrow, and determination. The feelings are so strong but I know they aren't mine. Kris is feeling this.

"Kris, where are you?" I ask the empty room. I tug at my hair and continue to stare at the map, I rub my right calf, the leg that is hurt on Kris. She is in pain, emotional and physical, and I'm not there to help her. What kind of mate am I? I shot her, gave her no reason for her to stay, I hurt my own mate. We aren't supposed to be able to do that, and we aren't supposed to be able to leave one another. Why can't we be like normal mates? The ones who don't ever want to leave the other.

Is this because of the prophecy? Are we meant to be apart? I growl, no. We aren't. Kris is my other half, we are going to be together. No prophecy or Council will keep us apart. She may be the Rogue Hunter but she is my mate, no matter how well she can take care of herself, I'll always be there to protect her. I just need to show her that. Kris has been alone for so many years, she doesn't know how to depend on others. I can show her she can trust me.

If you wish to find what you seek, go East. Something whisper to me. I snap to attention. The tone was hauntingly light. It wasn't Kris. Her voice has a gruffness to it, this one ones like wind chimes. I don't know why but I trust that voice. I run out of the room.

"We are leaving! Get the best trackers! We're going East!" I bark to Jax and Brek.

"You got a clue?" Brek asks me, glancing to Jax. I hurriedly stuff my bag on auto-pilot, filling it with the usual things.

"A gut feeling." I reply, I don't need my pack thinking I'm crazy because I heard a voice telling me were to go. Brek and Jax don't say anything, they instead go to pack their bags. No even five minutes later, I am standing in the pack yard.

"Flank 1, take a car. Flank 2, you're with me!" I yell at them, I see Brek and Jax getting in my group. I make my way over to them and put a hand on their shoulders.
"I need you guess to stay here. Keep an eye on the pack, and try to keep Luca and Joanna out of trouble." Jax opens his mouth to argue but Brek elbows him and gives me a nod.

"Move out!" I shout at everyone, running East. My men struggle to keep up, they stay three paces behind me even when running their hardest. A wolf in search of his mate can go against all laws of physics. Something is urging to me to find Kris, something other than me. I breathe in deeply, trying to get the slightest wisp of her scent.

Consumed she will be, by her traitorous memories. If thy does not find her, she may flee. Incomplete, the prophesy will be. The voice says. What does that mean! I growl low in my throat. I couldn't give a damn about the prophecy right now, it's been a week, I want my mate. I want her to be safe and sound!

●●●

        My men tiredly collapse to the ground. Three days of running. We only take three twenty minute breaks then we stop to get a few hours of sleep. I haven't heard the voice since we started running. Kris's emotions have grown stronger over the days. I can't just feel them anymore, their affecting me.

The Chosen one can only be so strong, if thy weakens, thou shall fall. That damn voice! I growl and punch a tree. Why can't she just tell me we're my mate is? If you wish to find her. Go North. Having no other choice, I listen to it. I head North, not bothering to get my men.