Chapter Thirteen: Help from the Alpha

I groggily open my eyes, my vision is hazy at first but I soon recognize the room. This is a very strong sense of déjà vu overwhelms me. But this time a heavy object holds me in place. Did they chain me to the bed? I glance down and see an arm draped over the covers on my stomach. I follow the arm and see Axel laying on the bed with me. Though it looks like I was tucked in and he just plopped down and fell asleep.
        Huffing, I attempt to push the arm off me. Attempt being the key word. Axel growls in his sleep and tightens his hold on me. I glare at the sleeping wolf. Moving my arm, I feel a pinch on the inside of my elbow. I glance down and see a needle, I follow it to a bag of clear liquid. What the heck is that?
        I turn back to the annoying man who is holding me hostage. I can either try to move his arm again, or scare him into letting go. The second option sounds more fun. I scoot myself closer to him until I am right next to his ear. Taking in a deep breath I yell, "GET OFF OF ME!"
        My plan seemed to work at first. Axel's eyes shot open before he looked around the room for threats, pulling me to him in the process. Axel growls at the empty room before looking down at me, who is clearly very angry about me forced into a hug. His eyes widen a bit when he seems my glare. If he doesn't release me, I'm going to bite off one of these fingers that are dangerously close to my mouth.
       "You're awake!" Axel happily exclaims. I growl at him, tempted to bite the entire hand off now.
        "Really? I couldn't tell." I reply, glaring. A look of hurt crosses his face and I feel a twinge in my heart. "Let. Go. Of. Me." Axel hesitantly releases me from his tight grip. Free and able to breathe again, I push myself into a sitting position, keeping a glare on my face the entire time. Axel sits up, turns to me, and crosses his legs. With a very serious expression, he looks me in the eyes.
        "I don't know what answers you are looking for. Or even the questions. But, I want to help you, Kris. I'll do whatever it takes to help you." Axel tells me, I look at him in surprise. Him? Help me? I eye him warily.
        "Why?" I ask. I don't understand why he would help me. I have done nothing to deserve it. And I've never had help before. Axel's serious expression melts into a soft one, it makes me slightly uncomfortable.
        "You're my mate, Kris. If getting answers is what will make you happy, then we'll get answers."
        "How do I know you're not the one I want answers from? I'm killing them. They deserve to die. You really want to risk it?" I hiss at him. Warning him that if he helped those rogues kill my pack, I'll kill him. He doesn't know what questions I want answers to. It could be him.
        "I have only been Alpha for four years. Whatever it is you want to know, it happened before my time as Alpha. You tell me what you seek to find out, and I'll use all my resources to get those answers. I swear on my Alpha Blood." He promises me. Four years.... The attack was eleven years ago. Do I let him help? Would I actually get answers? I chew on my lip. Do I want to tell him about my past? That's something I've always kept to myself. Not even Katy and I talked about the attack. I barely know this alpha, why should I trust him? Having trust in someone is giving them the ability to hurt you. I don't want to be hurt again. I look into Axel's eyes, they plead for me trust him, for me to allow him to help.
        "You swear on the life of your pack, you will help?" I ask, the one thing I know he will never risk is the life of his pack. Alpha's can't betray their pack, it would be like killing themselves. Axel nods without hesitation. I release a sigh. I need answers, Axel can help.
        "I need everything you can get on the Farwell Pack attack." I tell him, Axel gives me a strange look. I know he is wondering if that was my pack. I don't want him to know that they were. "My.... cousins were apart of the pack. They died in the attack along with the rest of my family from that side." His look becomes one of pity.
        "I'll get right on it." Axel informs me, getting off the bed. I move the blankets off my legs and also try to get out of bed. Axel uses his speed to tuck me back into bed. I glare up at him. "As long as you stay in bed. You're still weak, Kris." I hate to say he's right, but he is. I feel tired and weak, I wonder how long I was in those woods. How long was it since I ate? Drank? As if on queue, my stomach growls, loudly. Axel chuckles and I worsen my glare.
        "I'll have someone bring you breakfast." Before I know it, Axel leans down and places a kiss to my forehead. I stare up at him in shock, to find his expression mirroring mine. I don't think he meant to do that. Then, he's gone. The door closing giving the only sign that he was here.