Frog Princess Ch. 2

Please comment !

Chapter 2

Everyone knows I'm too smart to function. I've been 1st in my class since eighth grade. My school has won many Scholastic Decathlons just because of me. All of my classes are A.P except for Gym. So anyways I was in math with MR. Bartlett. Greg the retard of the bunch was throwing paper balls at my head. I guess the principal gave him the wrong math class because every answer he says "Uhh...3?" He just pisses me off.

Mr. Bartlett walked in and started going on and on and on about Trigonometry and blah blah blah. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and it was the principal. We were having a new student. And guess who it was? Austin! I suddenly had a warm feeling in my stomach and it felt like a trillion butterflies were flying around in there. I was seriously about to faint. Then he sat next to me.

"Hey," he said smiling and showing his dimples, "I'm Austin." He held out his hand so I could shake it. I took it. His hands were soft as a cashmere sweater.

"I'm Riley." I said. I was blushing so much. Mr. Bartlett told us to sit with partners to do the problems that were assigned. Me and Austin ended up being partners.

"Riley? Riley Cummings?" said Austin/

"Yea." I said blushing. I'm such an idiot. Why do I always blush around him?

"You're in a skirt. I thought you were a dike." said Austin nonchalantly. I didn't say anything. He looked at me like he said something wrong and was like, "oh if you are that's okay, I have plenty of lezbo fri-"

"NO I'm not. I'm straight as a ruler." I said looking down awkwardly.

"I usually don't say this to girls other than my girlfriend but you look great in a skirt." He said. I started blushing like an idiot again. We were working and talking until I felt a paper ball on my head. I rolled my eyes and turned around annoyed.

"Greg can you be more of jackass?" I said. Greg just laughed stupidly. I was getting angry. I cooled off quickly; Austin was watching.

"Does this happen everyday?" said Austin.

"Yea, it sucks. I hate being the brain. And it just doesn't make sense that just because I'm too smart means I'm a threat. Also just cause I have like glasses and braces and I don't dress like other girls doesn't mean I'm not appealing." I said. It got awkward so I decided to shut up. It got even more awkward when I wasn't talking.

"So how are you and Melissa?" I said quickly avoiding eye contact.

"We're good other than the fights and the rumors about her cheating." said Austin. My head shot up with excitement

"Wait," I thought, "she could be cheating on him? That means there's room for me. I just have to gain full trust. We already are blossoming wonderful friend ship."

"Wow that's tough," I said, "is she really cheating?'

"She won't tell me. Every time I bring it up she always changes the subject." He said.

"There is room for me!" I whispered to myself.

"What?" said Austin.

"Nothing. Just that she might not be telling you because it could be true." I said.

"Maybe but why?" Austin said.

"Did you know that most people who cheat say there's something lacking in there relationship?" I said.

"What are you? A walking talking computer?" Austin asked with a chuckle.

"No just stating facts." I said.