Frog PrincessCh.8

The next day was Saturday and definitely we were off the hook. My mom didn't have a clue we snuck out last night. I went down the stairs to get my Saturday morning omelet and there it was on the table. I sat there and began eating.

"Riley, how was your night?" asked my mother.

"Oh, um, it was good. I slept like a baby." I lied.

"Really I heard a lot of screaming from the room. Were you alright?"

"Yea, I just had some stomach pains. They were very painful." I lied again.

"Oh I hope you're fine." said my mother clueless.

"Well, I am fine." I said shoving a mouthful of the warm cheesy omelet in my mouth. "How can she be such an idiot? I should sneak out more often." I thought.

"Really because I swear I felt a blue strappy shoe hit my head when I got the mail." Said my mother.

"Oh shit!" I thought.

"It looked like the one I bought for you and Lexy. Exactly your size too. Well I'm sure it's just a fluke." said my mother cracking more eggs.

"Yea, definite fluke!" I said with my mouth still full. I tried not to

"You guys wouldn't sneak out anyway. You guys were grounded." She said cracking even more eggs. I gulped down the bite of the omelet.

"BEEP BEEP!!! Is that Austin calling me? I guess I have to take that call! If I didn't that would be rude!" I said nervously. I ran up the stairs into my room. I saw the nearest shoe I saw and threw it at Lexy's butt.

"Wake up!!" I yelled.

"What?!" Lexy said tiredly. I began going on my nervous rant.

"I swear my shoe was on! It was there did it get caught in the ladder. Oh shit! I'm gonna be screwed! I should have never listened to her! I should have never ever, ever! Now I'm gonna be grounded for another week! Oh crap!!!! Oh no! How could she know? Wait she's n=mother she'd obviously know that that we snuck out!!!"

"RILEY!!! Calm down!!!" said Lexy massaging her butt.

"How can I calm down? Mom fucking knows we snuck out last night! I can't tell you how screwed we are!!"

"Shut up! And go wash your face!" she said.

"Wash my face? What does that have to do with anything?'

"It helps you calm down. Also we aren't screwed. If mom was mad at us she'd yell at us by now. She would've woken us up the moment she found out and rip our faces off. Now, go in the bathroom and wash your face." Said Lexy. She was right for a moment. She actually made sense for the first time. S I took her advice and washed my face. It actually helped.

Later that day I got my phone back. I had a bunch of texts from Jillian and Austin or there were a bunch of forwarded messages. But one of them was from Austin and it was from about a minute ago. It read:

HEY RILES I DON'T THINK YOU'RE STILL GROUNDED SO IT'S DEFFIINITLY A POSSABILITY FOR ME TO PICK U UP AND BRING YOU SOMEWHERE RIGHT?

"A secret date with Austin? I wonder where he's taking me?" I thought. So I texted back.

IT'S A DEFF POSSABILITY FOR U TO TAKE ME SOMEWHERE.

He TEXTED BACK:

OK WEAR SOMETHING NICE AND DON'T ASK WHERE IM TAKIN U CUZ IT'S A SURPRISE.

AT WHAT TIME ARE U COMING?