Before Impact

Wow. I... It's been awhile.. Hasn't it? I never once forgot about you guys though, or any of the summonings, or even ShikaKisha love ^-^'

I'd like to quickly thank all of those who voted for KOBEP in the NarutoWattyAwards! As it won Third place in the Other category and Akisha X Shikamaru won best ship!! ;w; I nearly cried when I found out~ Thank you all!! So onto the chapter stuff. Bit of a strange chapter title huh? Wonder what's gonna happen? '3' Well during the chapter you'll probably guess it ._. It's not that hard actually.

Joka's Ghost: You should be getting to the story e-e People want to read.

Me: O-Oh, hey there Joka.... o_o Y-You still upset at me?... *nervous laugh*

JG: You've got five seconds to run for your life.

Me: "Run"? For my life? I think I'd rather die >->

JG: So be it e___e * jumps after*

Me: UWAH! I WAS JOKING!! IT WAS A JOKE! QAQ *takes off running*

Keio: *chuckles from a tree branch* Amusing indeed.. Now then,

~Enjoy the chapter, my darlings~

***Akisha's POV***

I glanced over at Shiho who was staring with a blush at Shikamaru. I never found myself to be the jealous type, but my glances kept narrowing into glares of hatred. I imagined throwing kunais at the woman with the swirly glasses, hitting her right in the middle of her head: bullseye. Naruto walked into the Cryptography unit, making my feelings disappear and come back into feelings of worry. Shikamaru assured me he was fine after mourning for a couple days.

Jiraiya's death... 

It was rather unexpected. I remembered crying when I found out. It was another dreadful death that has seemed to plague our lives of late... 

...Asuma ...Chiyo ...Joka ...Jiraiya.

Behind Naruto followed an older looking frog, inscriptions on his back. I was told that Shiho and Shikamaru were trying to figure it out before when Shikamaru offered for me to come along, Naruto also being called in now that he was done mourning for his loss. The frog hopped on the table infront of us. "Alright, everyone take a look, if you have anything in mind then say it." Naruto stared down at the frog's back after nodding a hello to me. "Hrrrmmmmm..." He mumbled, rubbing his chin in thought. Shikamaru scratched his neck in some frustration. "Come on Naruto, anything? I've tried the Fifth, Kakashi-Sensei, and they had nothing. I've got a strong feeling this message is for you. Actually, I'm positive it's for you." Shiho jumped forward a little, closer to Shikamaru. "If you have even the littlest thought, tell me! I'll do whatever to help!" Yeah, I bet you would, you whor-

"Well, how come everything's a number except that first katakana character?" Naruto asked, pointing at what looked like a nine on the frog's back. I stopped my thought, leaning in with everyone else. "What do you mean? Isn't that a nine?" I said, staring at the number, or katakana. Naruto shook his head. "I thought so too but it's a katakana 'ta'." Shikamaru stared at it. "I think I can see that." I looked from the katakana to Naruto. "Why would it be that though?" Naruto grinned at a memory, rubbing his head. "Well you know him Kish, Pervy Sage always made me read his hand written drafts. And I always got confused because his 'ta's looked like nines." I nodded, smiling. Yeah, that sounded like Jiraiya, forcing Naruto to read his books. "Then... Perhaps it has to do with the book?" I voice aloud. Shiho nodded her head vigorously. "Yes! In which case there could be a message left within the pages!" Shikamaru smiled. "Good thinking, so that means we have to get our hands on one of the books."