Chapter 2: Drunk Confessions

My eyes felt heavy as I slowly opened them. I sat up, wincing every time I moved my right arm. I examine it and found that my father had popped it out of joint. Using the counter, I hoisted myself up from the floor. I managed to pop my shoulder back into its place. Grabbing a washcloth, I started to clean my own blood of the floor of the kitchen. I couldn't believe that the man who took me to the zoo because I was enamored by the otters, now hated me. I checked my phone. Holy Crap. I had been out for the whole night. It was now 11:00 A.M. How hard did he hit me this time?

KNOCK! KNOCK!  I was abruptly pulled from my depressing thoughts by someone knocking on the door. 

"Cass? I know your home!" Nicky! Oh shit. My clothes were bloody and dirty from what my amazing dad did earlier. Note my sarcasm.

"J-just a minute!" I shouted from the living room. I dashed like a bunny on crack to my bedroom to change into something presentable. Picking out my Twenty One Pilots concert t-shirt and ripped up blue jeans, I ran down the stairs to let the boy next door in. 

"Hey Cass!" Nicky crushed me in a bear hug. I winced when he pressed on my bruises unknowingly.

"Hey Nicky. What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering, do you want to come to a party with me tonight? We could have so much fun!" I thought about for a second. What if my dad found out? Oh. Screw it. I'm going to have fun and regret it later.

"Sure. I guess I can get away for a night."

"Cool! I'll pick you up at eight."

Later that day

"Oh. Umm. I've never been to a party. I'm not sure what to wear." Nicky was at my house, ready to take  me to this party, and I'm as lost as a kid without wifi when it comes to picking out clothes to wear to a party. 

"What you are wearing is fine. Come on!" Damn. He is giving me puppy eyes. I've never really found puppy eyes more attractive than right now. 

"Okay. Let me grab something really fast." I dashed upstairs, put on my red lipstick, leather jacket, gray ankle boots, and pulled a brush through my long, thick brown hair. 

"Let's go!" For the first time in a long time, I was actually looking forward to something.

"Woah. You look great!" Nicky smiled, and I swear my heart did backflips in my chest. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door before I could rethink my decision. We got into his 1967 Camaro, and buckled up.

"How the hell did you get such an awesome car?"

"My dad deals classic cars, and he got this one. I made a deal with him that if I sold three of his cars before the day was out, I could have it. Obviously, I won."

"It's gorgeous!"

"Thanks, so are you." I'm pretty sure that my face was as red as ketchup. He cracked up after one look at my scarlet red face.

10 Minutes Later 

"Ready?"

"I-I guess." Taking a breath, I stepped through the door and was engulfed in the smell of alcohol and crappy sounding pop music. Steeling myself, I stepped further into the room with Nicky.

"You want something to drink?" 

"Sure. Why not?" Drunk. Yep. Let's do this. Heading to the bar, Nicky got a beer for each of us, and I gulped it down. Not even two drinks later, I was drunk off my ass. Disgusting beer, check. Hot guy next to me, Check. Extremely loud dance music. Check. 

"Cass! I didn't expect you here!" 

"Hey Sarah! Wanna dance?"

"Woah. You never dance. Are you drunk?"

"Yepper-doo!"

"Cass, do you want to-Oh, hi! I'm Nick!"

"Hi, I'm Sarah. Did you bring her here?"

"Yeah, I live next door to her. We met on our way to school, the other day."

"Okay. Here's the deal. You slip anything into her drinks, hurt her, or try to take advantage of her in any way, you will be acquainted with my shovel and the core of the earth. I won't be so kind to let you die before I bury you, Capiche?" Nicky put his hands up in surrender.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her."

"You better. She-" I threw up on the ground between Nicky and Sarah.

"Oooops! Sorry!"  I felt giddy all of a sudden. If this is what alcohol does, I want more. I don't want to remember my house, just being at a party with my two friends!

"Let's get you home, Cass." Nicky took my hand and half dragged my drunk ass to his car.

"Wait, I haven't danced yet! I want to dance! Dance, Dance, Dance! Don't worry, my dance moves are better than Taylor Swift's!"

"You're going home."

"Fine. You're a party pooper.  I just wanted to dance. Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm!!!!!!!!!!" For the next ten minutes, I sang random songs, while Nicky face palmed multiple times.

"You know that you are sexxxy, right? It's your damn tattoos and your yummy muscles." 

"Really, is that what you think?" His deep laughter filled the car. Soon enough we pulled up to my house.

"I don't have a key and I'm kinda locked out. LOCKED OUT OF HEAVEN-" My amazing singing was cut off by Nicky's hand.

"Shhhh. We have neighbors. Come on. You can stay at my house for tonight." With that he took me to his house. It was clean and modern inside. We went upstairs to his bedroom. He took my jacket off, and helped me take my shoes and socks off. 

"Lay down, tomorrow is Sunday. So you don't have to wake up for school. I'll be on the couch, okay?"

"Okie dokie." I snuggled down into the blankets, blissfully unaware of the surprises that would greet me tomorrow. I peeked at Nicky through my eyelashes and saw him turning the light off then making his way to the couch in his bedroom. I closed my eyes, falling asleep instantly.

Author's Note!!!

Hey everybody! Please comment and tell me what you thought! Please vote as well. I have a question for you guys. Who should play Cass? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-teambuckybarnes