Chapter 5: Ben and Jerry are My Boyfriends

Pic of Cass ^

Over 130 views!!! Yay! Thanks guys! I hope you all like this chapter! Enjoy!

-teambuckybarnes

                           Chapter 5: Ben and Jerry are My Boyfriends

Cass's POV

I woke up groggy and still tired. I turned to look at my clock and-hold up. This is not my room. As I looked around more, I realized that it was Nicky's. He must have brought me up here. My body feels heavy as I get up and make my way downstairs. A wave of pain crashed through me when I remember the events of earlier. I walk into the kitchen and spot Nicky reading his history book. He immediately looks up when he hears the floorboards creak under my feet.

"You hungry?" 

"A little."

"I won't push you, but I'm here if you want to talk about it." The seriousness in his voice surprises me.

"Thanks. My aunt contacted my brother. He'll be here next Sunday. Do you mind if I call Sarah?"

"Sure. Your phone is on the table. I'll warm up your lunch, okay?"

"Thanks, Nicky." I grab my phone make my way to the couch as my fingers dial Sarah.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?! I CALLED AND LEFT MESSAGES!!! DID NICK HURT YOU? DO I NEED TO REACH THROUGH THIS PHONE AND WRING HIS NECK?! I SWEAR, I'LL-" 

"Sarah! Calm down. Nothing like that happened. Nicky is taking care of me at the moment. Do you remember what I told you about my father?"

"Yeah? Do I need to beat that no good bastard's ass with my baseball bat?" 

"No. He just left. He's gone." I whispered.

"You stay right there at Nicky's. Text me the address. I'm bringing my boyfriends, Ben and Jerry, with me. Don't worry we'll have a Marvel movie marathon." 

"You don't-"

"Uh. Uh. No way in hell are you talking me out of this. This is my official responsibility as a best friend. To load you up on chocolate and ice cream while we cry over Bucky Barnes and Loki. I'm on my way. Be there in an hour!" CLICK. Damn it. She hung up on me before I could talk her out of it. 

"So I'm having two girls over, now? Must be my lucky day!" I would have smacked him, had he not handed me mac and cheese. 

"Shut it, your ruining my appetite." Yep, that was my stellar response. Great comeback, right? I remember when my dad taught me how to make mac and cheese when I was eight. He somehow managed to make it explode. Mom made him clean it off the ceiling. It made me sad thinking about how my father went from that to abusive alcoholic. Tears started trickling down my cheeks.

"Cass, I-" I cut him off.

"My father left me." 

"I-I'm so sorry, Cass. I don't kn-" Cutting him off again, I told him everything in three words.

"He abused me." I could see the fury in Nicky's eyes. His jaw was clenched and his hands were in fists. Seeing his fists triggered a reaction from me. My lunch clattered to the floor as I cowered away from him.

"I-I'm s-sorry! P-please don't hurt me!"  I screamed and held my hands in front of my face while curling myself into the fetal position. When I looked up, I saw my father's face.

"Cass?" His voice was soft, nearly a whisper. If my dad whispered, his beatings were worse then when he was yelling. I inched away from the voice until my back hit the couch. I pulled my knees into my chest, while holding my head in my hands.

"No! No! No!" I screamed, hoping to end my nightmare. Rocking back and forth, I pulled on my hair.

"Cass? Please come back to me, babygirl. It's Nicky." Nicky? He pulled me into his arms again, my cheek resting against his chest. He rested his head on mine. My shaking and tears slowed down. I breathed in and out, inhaling his calming scent.

"I wasn't mad at you. I was angry that your own dad would do that to you. I can't imagine the pain you went through with a father like him. Hell, he shouldn't even be called a father."

"It's oka-" He cut me off.

"No. It's not okay. Cass, I won't let anyone hurt you again, as long as I'm living. As for when I'm dead, I will haunt the shit out of someone who tries to hurt you." I laughed at the thought of him as a ghost popping out of nowhere scaring the crap out of a stranger.

"What did he do to you?" I visibly stiffened.  I didn't want him to think any different of me. Straightening myself, I hesitantly lifted my shirt up. Nicky sucked in a breath when he saw my bruise ridden-stomach and ribs. I slowly turned so that he could see the scar that trailed from one shoulder to the opposite hip. 

"What the hell?" He whispered angrily.

"N-nicky?"

"Cass, if I ever see that motherfucker, I will fucking kill him."

"N-Nicky, I-I'm sorry. You don't want me. You should be with someone with less baggage and someone much prettier." I was about to go on when Nicky stopped me.

"Don't you dare say that again. You are beautiful inside and out. You are the strongest woman I've ever seen. You made it through your dad, and the crap he put you through. As for baggage? Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone has baggage." 

"But-" He leaned forward and pressed his finger to my lips, as I was about argue back. He looked at me as if asking for permission. I just gave a small, nervous nod. His finger slowly made their way off my lips, while his other hand cupped my cheek. Instinctively, I leaned into his hand while his lips came closer. I could feel his hot breath on my lips. He looked up at me one last time before-

KNOCK! KNOCK!

We jumped apart. I couldn't help but feel sad, as I let out a small whimper. Nicky let out a few colorful curses.

"Don't worry, we'll finish this later." He chuckled as he got up to let Sarah in.

"Hey, Nicky?" He paused before opening the door.

"Yeah?"

"I kinda like you." I whispered it so quietly that I was afraid that he didn't hear it. My fears were put to rest when a cheshire cat grin made its way onto his face. 

"I kinda like you too." He turned around to let her in.

I wonder where we go from here.

Sooooo. What do you think? Is Cass ready? And Sarah! Way to ruin the moment! Comment and Like! I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am writing this! I might have a second update this week! So stay tuned!!!!!!!

-teambuckybarnes