Chapter 9: Not The Shoes!!!!

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH MY SISTER EVER AGAIN!!! I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR HANDS OFF AND SHOVE THEM-" My brother was currently chasing my boyfriend around the backyard. Boyfriend. Huh. It seems right to call Nicky my boyfriend. Anyway, I didn't hear the rest of what he said because I was rummaging Nicky's cupboards for chocolate.

Aha! M&M's! After pouring some in my hand, I headed outside to stop my idiotic brother from killing the one person that made me feel safe.

"I ASKED HER BEFORE I DID ANYTHING! I PROMISE!"

"GOOD!!! I'M STILL GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!"

"JASON!!! Calm the fuck down. Let's talk about this like normal people!" I had stepped in front of my raging brother. You can practically see the steam coming from his ears.

"Fine." His attention was now on Nicky. "You! I will finish killing you later."

"Jason!"

"Okay!" He will be the death of me. We walked inside and sat in the living room. Nicky sat by me, away from my brother I might add.

"What makes you think that you can tell me who to date? You went to college and fucked every girl that came your way! You left me for dad to abuse!"

"Dad abused you?" His voice was a whisper. I could see his brown eyes soften.

"Y-yes." I looked to Nicky for help.

"He also left. That's why her aunt called you," Nicky then turned to me, "Do you want to show him?" Nodding my head hesitantly, I lifted my shirt up and turned my back towards my brother. The scar started from my left shoulder to my right hip. Not to mention the fading bruises. I put my shirt down and looked at my brother.

"I-I'm so sorry. I know that whatever I say can't take back those years. I will try to be better, okay?" He looked at me, pleading for his forgiveness. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

"O-okay. Are we going to be living in the house?"

"Yes. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you. You have me and," He paused then grumbled, "him."

"Why don't you like Nicky?" I was so curious. What happened between the two? Surprisingly, it was Nicky who spoke first.

"Well, I think it has something to do with my reputation-" My brother interrupted.

"Damn right it does!"

"Reputation?" Part of me was dreading his "reputation".

"Well, in my first school in Pomona I was the badboy and player. Your brother met me when he got to go to Cali for the spring break trip."

"You're a player? Does this mean that all we've done, you only did to get me in bed with you?" The hell! I knew that this was a bad idea.

"No! No, I've never felt this way about a girl before. I've never felt the sparks that you and I have. I want to get to know you more, to care for you, and protect you. Getting you in bed never crossed my mind. Well, maybe once, but that was never my intent."

On that note, my brother launched himself at my boyfriend. These two will be the death of me. I just rolled my eyes and headed for the kitchen. Food. Food makes everything better.

"YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!! DON'T YOU EVER THINK ABOUT MY SISTER NAKED AGAIN!!!"

"DUDE, I'M DATING HER! HOW CAN I NOT THINK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT?!"

"THAT'S IT! I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR EYES OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND SHOVE THEM WHERE I'M GOING TO SHOVE YOUR HANDS! UP YOUR-"

"JASON!! FOOD!!!!" While they were running around the living room, I had ordered pizza. Food always gets a guy's attention. Within seconds, both boys were in the living room sitting quietly with the occasional death glare from my brother. I served up the pizza while we watched Paranormal Activity 4.

"Fuck No!" I screamed and bolted into Nicky's room. Launching myself into the bed, I buried myself in the blankets. My eyes slowly drifted closed that is until I felt something touch me. Oh shit. I'm going to die. This is it. Jason, I'm sorry. I was the one who broke your train table. I'm so dead. I felt something grab hold of my leg and pull me out of the bed.

"Oomph." The blanket was pulled off of me and...

"BOO!!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Those motherfuckers are going to get it. I quickly grabbed Nicky's and my brother's Air Jordans.

"Cass, what are you doing-Don't touch those!" Their eyes bulged when they saw me holding there precious shoes over a muddle puddle in the backyard.

"We're sorry! Please Cass! Not the shoes!" I smiled evilly.

"Then you should've thought about that before you decided to give me a heart attack." I started to lower the shoes.

"WAIT! We have a peace offering!"

"Oh? You have five minutes to show me or the shoes get it!" They scrambled for the kitchen.

"Five, Four, Three-"

"Here! We have Nutella, Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream, and double chocolate chip cookies. Please, Cass!"

"Yeah, Cass! Please, we won't do it again!"

"Hand over the peace offering, and no shoes get hurt!" They handed me the food, and I inspected it carefully. After all, I have to make sure that they don't poison me.

"Alright. Catch!" I threw the shoes in the air and watched them dive for their precious shoes. Let's go eat!

"Cass, we do have to go home."

"Okay. See you soon Nicky! Oh! By the way, Sarah and I are going to the mall tomorrow!"

"Have fun. Shopping is painful." I threw a cookie at him.

"Sorry! Bye midget!" Grr. Why does he make fun of my height so much? I am five feet tall, so I guess it's only natural. My brother and I walked home. I collapsed on my bed, I was so tired. Snuggling into my blankets, I wondered why I felt like that this was the calm before the storm.

Sorry this was just a filler chapter. By the way I do have a friend that if I threatened his shoes, he would practically do anything for me to save his shoes! Hope you guys liked it! Comment and vote!

-teambuckybarnes