Chapter 16: Get Out

Australian Shepherd puppy!!!!!!!!!!!

One Year Later

"Nicky!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Where did that man go? We had decided to move in together last month. Here we are in an apartment, while in college. I walked around trying to find clues to where my man went. Calling didn't work because it went straight to voicemail. I walked by the kitchen when something caught my eye.

On the fridge was a note:

My dear Cassandra,

I wish I could have stayed to wake up with you, beautiful. I needed to get something done today. Why don't you go get your sexy butt ready for the day, and Sarah will pick you up? No need to dress fancy. I put an outfit in the bathroom for you, okay baby? Sarah will be here at 11:00.

Love you Shorty,

Nicky

Looking over at the clock, I realized I had only a half hour to get ready. Before I could process anything, my feet carried me to the bathroom for a shower. After the shower, I saw the outfit that Nicky had laid out. It was my leather jacket, Twenty One Pilots' t-shirt, blue skinny jeans, and grey ankle boots. I threw them on quickly, then applied my makeup.

HONK! HONK!

That must be Sarah! I grabbed my purse before running out the door.

"Ready?"

"Yup!"

"Good!" We drove for twenty minutes until we were where I first lived during high school.

"Get out!" I stared at her in shock.

"W-what?"

"Come on. Let's go." She got out, dragging me with her. She pointed down, and in bright red chalk read:

START HERE

This is where we first met, baby.

I smiled when I read it.

"Follow the yellow brick road! Well, er, the trail anyway!" She waved goodbye, as I began to follow the red dotted chalk line.

It led me to our old high school. In the middle of the hallway was another message written in chalk.

This is where I tried to carry your lazy butt into math class.

I giggled at the memory. I really, really hated math class. I followed the chalk line again, and I ended up the lake where Nicky and I had our first date. The line led me behind the giant tree to my secret hiding spot. The line stopped abruptly at the bench. It was where we had our first kiss.

I sat down on the bench, confused as to what I was supposed to do. A little Australian shepherd puppy came racing out of the bushes. I picked up the little guy, and looked at its tag.

A

Flipping

Flapping

Ring.

I looked up from the puppy and saw Nicky in front of me, down on one knee. My eyes instantly teared up at the sight. He took the ring off the puppy's collar before talking.

"From the first time I saw you, I fell hopelessly in love. You were so fucking perfect. You made me laugh on days that made me want to scream. When it seemed you had died, I cried not knowing what I would do without you. You were my light, Cass. I can't imagine a life without you here, babygirl. Would you please marry me, Shorty?"

How could I ever say no? I loved him! Jumping in his arms, I whispered yes while kissed him over and over. Pulling away, he put the diamond ring on my finger.

"I love you, Nicky."

"I love you, Shorty." Right as we were about to kiss, the little puppy decided to jump in between us and lick our faces.

"What should we name him?"

"Whatever you want, Sweets."

"Loki. I want to name him Loki." Deep laughter from Nicky sounded like music to me.

"Why is that?"

"Because one of his eyes is green like Loki and the other is blue like frost giant Loki. I'm not changing my mind."

"I wouldn't want you to. I like the name, baby." He crashed his lips on to mine, giving me a searing hot kiss.

This was the beginning of a new life with new opportunities. As long as we had each other, we could survive.

He was my air, I was his light.

THE END.

Holy Crap! I finished my first book on wattpad. I know it's not the best, and probably has a lot of errors, but nonetheless I finished!!!! Whoop Whoop! I just started a new book called, Gives You Hell, if you want to check it out! Thanks for sticking with me and reading this book! Love you guys!

I WILL PROBABLY WRITE AN EPILOGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

-teambuckybarnes