Chapter 3: Food Speaks to Me

^Pic of Nicky

Hey Guys! Thanks for reading!! I finally figured out who I wanted to play Cass and Nicky!!!! I dedicated this chapter to littlewolf5000! So a big shout out to you! Enjoy this chapter!

-teambuckybarnes

"Cass, you need to get out of bed." Why?! I want to stay in bed. I think that if I leave, I will hurt this bed's feelings. I just can't do that to such a nice bed.

"Nooo. My head hurts and I can't move. The bed has accepted me, and I will break its heart if I leave." 

"Come on. I'll make you breakfast, and there is Advil downstairs." Food. He said that he would make me food. Maybe just maybe I can peel myself out of bed. After all, food speaks to me. It is a valid reason to wake up in the early morning. Yes, 10:30 is considered the early morning on the weekend. 

"Grrrrr." I started to climb out, but somehow managed to get stuck in the blankets. "Owwowoww!" I fell with a crash to the ground. Nicky burst out laughing.

"It's not funny. You try having a hangover and falling on your ass first thing in the morning." I pouted.

"Awww. Come on. You know that if I was the one with the hangover, you would be laughing too!" He had a point and that made an already cranky me even more cranky.

"I recall you mentioning food. Is that still going to happen?" I want food. That's all I can think about now.

"Yes, meet me downstairs when your ready." He started to walk towards the door, but I beat him to it. I flew down the stairs and sat on a stool by the island in the kitchen.

"So whatcha making?" I asked him right as he stepped into the kitchen. My wonderful stomach decided to imitate whale calls right then. My cheeks turned bright red.

"Bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Sounds good?" He chuckled at my stomach's whale calls. 

"Hurry up! I'm hungry!"

"Okay! Okay! Put the knife down." He put his hands up in surrender

"What? It's not like I'm going to stab you."

"You might." Okay, he had a point. If he doesn't get food in front of me soon, I might stab him. Wait. If I stab him, he can't make me food. Well, crap! 

"Grrrr. I can't stab you because then you wouldn't be able to make me food!" 

"Just calm down. I'm making breakfast right now." He turned around and started to mix the ingredients together for the pancakes. Feeling a little mischievous, I picked up an egg and quietly tip-toed behind him. I couldn't reach his head, so I did the next best thing. I cracked it right over his shoulder. I couldn't suppress my laughter anymore. I'm fairly sure that I sounded like a laughing hyena that was dying.

"What the hell?! That's cold!" He turned around and took one look at my laughing form before pouring the pancake batter all over my head.

"NICKY!!!!" Brrrr. It was so fucking cold! He clutched his stomach because he was laughing so hard. 

"You should have seen your face!" I spun around and intended to take a step towards him, but ended up slipping on the pancake batter. I grabbed at whatever I could to stop my fall, but ended up grabbing Nicky's shirt and taking him down with me. He landed right on top of me, making it hard to breathe.

"Oof! Your. So. Heavy." I managed to get the sentence out between breaths.  My breathing hitched when he held himself up slightly above my face, hovering above me. 

"N-Nicky?"

"Do you remember what you told me last night?" Oh. Fuck. I was hoping that he would forget.

"You said that I was sexy because of my tattoos and yummy muscles, remember?" His eyes held amusement and something else, maybe care? I hadn't seen care in someone's eyes in years.

"Yeah, about that-" I started nervously before he cut me off. 

"Do you like me, Cass?" 

So what did you guys think? I worked hard on this one! Please tell me what you think about my casting choices and this chapter! Comment and vote! Thanks for reading! By the way, I WILL BE UPDATING  THIS BOOK EVERY MONDAY!!!!!!  Stay tuned for the next chapter! It will be long and have some big moments!!!!!

-teambuckybarnes