Twenty-three

I cut the cake and take the first slice while everyone cheers.

The cake tastes just as amazing as it looks. The girls did a really good job putting this whole thing together. I just wish I could appreciate it more. It's so like Bianca to come along and spoil things for me. She finds the thought of me being happy revolting. I'm sure it makes her gag.

   I can't just go off what she says. I have to ask Mason about this. I just don't want to set him. I don't want him to get angry and guy me but I need to know the truth. I just need tonight before everything blows over. Just one night.

   Maybe I do need a drink.

   No, I'm not going there right now. When I finish my cake I head for the restroom. I need to pee. I can't hold it any longer. Apparently, I'm not the only one. The line is super long. I wait for what seems like an hour before a stall opens up for me. I rush in and handle my business. I wash my hands and leave. On my way out I bump into someone. Alfonso. My heart starts pounding in my chest. I thought I got rid of him too.

   He's blocking my exit. "What up girl. I haven't seen you around lately." He smiles but coming from him it looks too menacing to be genuine.

   I squirm a little bit. He's making me so uncomfortable. When it comes to me Alfonso has no manners. He doesn't care if he puts his hands on me or if he spits on me. He thinks it's funny because he knows I can't fight back. He knows I won't. I'm a walking target. "Excuse me. I need to get back to my friends." I try to move around him but he stops me by placing a hand on my stomach. I pull back. I can still feel where his fingers were. Eww. "Alfonso I really have to go."

   "What's the rush girl? You think I'm going to hurt you?" By now the other girls have left the bathroom and Alfonso is stopping anyone else from entering. He enters the restroom all the way and locks the door. I can hear some of the girls standing in the line banging on the door and complaining about how they don't have time. Alfonso yells at them to use the other restroom. He tells them there's a much shorter line. I'm not even sure there is another restroom.

   My hands begin to shake. "You look different. You finally cleaned up. I like that. You look really nice."

   "Alfonso-"

   "What?"

   "W-what do you want? My friends are looking for me and I really don't want to be in here longer than I have to."

   "Me neither. As long as you don't fight back this should be easy." He says so casually. I can feel tears build up behind my eyes. This has to be some kind of joke. All those years of him treating me like crap. I know he's pretty much capable of anything but it's me he's talking to. Me.

   "Alfonso that's not funny." My voice comes out a little shaky. I bite my lip to keep it from trembling.

   "It wasn't supposed to be." The look on his face tells me he isn't in the mood for games. I take a step back to create some space between us. That seems to set him off. He rushes to me and slams me up against the wall. My head hits the back of the wall and my vision becomes splotchy. My head hurts so bad. But the sound of Alfonso unbuckling his belt and unzipping his pants is unmistakable. I release a piercing scream, earning me a slap in the face. Tears fall down the length of my cheeks.

   "Please stop! Please!"

   I feel his hand slip under my skirt. I shiver even though it isn't cold. I keep wishing someone would come bursting through the door and pull him off of me. I can't seem to do that. He's much stronger than me. His frame is larger than my tiny build.

   "Alfonso you have to stop!"

   "I don't have to do anything."

   He reaches for my panties and I scream. Right in his ear. I start wailing my arms and he steps back a little. I see this as my opportunity. I kick him in a place all boys hate to be kicked. He doubles over in pain. I rush to the door as fast as I can in these heels. I feel his hand wrap around my leg. I lose my balance and fall, hitting my head on the sink. I fall to the floor. I can't move. The pain is unbearable. My vision goes splotchy again. My eyelids feel too heavy. I try to fight to keep them open but eventually give up. Everything goes black.

              ***************

   When I open my eyes I'm greeted by a bright light. I quickly shut them. My head hurts. My head hurts so bad. I find it hard to move my fingers. My body is sore all over. I can't remember what happened. I don't know where I am. I hear voices around me but I can't make out any of them. Everything feels fuzzy.

   "Mason...awake...doctor..."

   "Liv...Olivia...Thank God..."

   I wish they would stop talking. It's making my head hurt. I teach up and place my hands on the side of my head. I open my mouth to speak but my throat feels sore. I hear heavy footsteps and someone places a hand on my head. They force my eyes to open one at a time. Flashing some kind of light in my eyes. He's old with wrinkled cold fingers and a white coat. It smells metallic in here. Where the heck am I.

   After a while, I'm finally able to open my eyes. It takes some time for me to realize where I am; the hospital.