Thirty

Oh my gosh I'm finally at chapter thirty. If you have read this far that means you like my story. Thank you so much for your support. I will continue making this story great just for you! Ahhh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So my mom is putting together a cookout at the end of April. I was wondering if you would like to come, maybe get a chance to meet my mom." He looks so nervous. I can tell he has put a lot of thought into asking me. Anthony is so considerate. I love that about him.

The thought of meeting his mom scares me. I haven't even met Mason's mom. He hasn't even brought it up. I don't think he ever plans to. Me and Mason haven't even gone out on a real date. We were suppose to be going out this Friday but the lake house offer sounds much better. Especially after the way he has been treating me. We can always reschedule. I just hope he doesn't spaze out on me for doing so. He's so over the top. "It sounds fun but I don't think I can be around a while bunch of people I don't know. You know I'm not very social."

"I'll stay by your side every step of the way. You won't be alone," Anthony counters. His dark curls dance wildly with the wind. His eyes are focused on the road so he can't see my expression.

"Okay. I'll go. As long as you stick to your word."

"Don't worry about that. I would never lie to you....where do you want me to drop you off?"

"I dong want to go home. Lets do something fun." I really don't feel like being under Mason or going home to Gabriel. I haven't seen him since I got out the hospital. He's suppose to be getting his life on track. J should stop by later and see how well that's working for him.

Anthony shrugs. He takes his eyes off the road for a quick second to look at me before returning his attention to the road. "Its Wednesday. You're not going to find any lit places," he sighs before continuing, "well where do you want to go?"

I take my eyes off him as I begin to contemplate where I want to go. Anthony is worried about there not being any cute girls he can run game to but it doesn't have to be about that all the time. We can just have fun together. We don't need anybody else. "Lets play laser tag." Yes, I do realise how childish I sound but I've never been, for obvious reasons. I just want to take a step back and be a kid. I'm only sixteen. I haven't done half of the things most kids have done in their childhood.

"Really?"

I shrug saying, "I've never been. I didn't exactly have a childhood."

"That sucks. Okay, let's go play some laser tag," Anthony shouts. I laigh at his childish demeanor. He bust a U-turn. I'm so glad he wants to do this with me. He understands what it means to me.

When we get there we spot a couple kids running around and a few teens. The place is merely empty, as expected. We pay for our wristband and head to the laser tag station. The guys working here help us put on our jackets. I grab my gun and point it at Anthony only to be told I'm holding it wrong. The guy flips it around for me. Anthony burst into a for of laughter.

When we get in we immediately spread out. Anthony chase me around the room. I decide to hide out under some of the equipment. I spot Anthony walking past so I decide to jump out and shoot him. He turns around and attack me, wrapping his arms tightly around me and waiting for his lights to come back on. He's totally cheating right now. I'm going to get him back for this.

Anthony's lights come back on and he lets me go. I don't even have time to run before he blast me. I turn around and throw my gun at his head. The string attached to the gun and jacket pulls the gun back.

The buzzer goes off, signaling us to come out of the room. I push Anthony on our way out. He barely moves which makes me push him again, and again...

"Stop pushing me girl. You can't get mad 'cause you lost," Anthony jokes. His breaths come in short rasps like mine. That game wore us out.

"You only one because you cheated."

"Lets go again. And this time don't cheat."

Because there aren't many people here we don't even have to take off our gear. One of the guys reset the computer and the other stand by the door. Anthony beats me a second time. Then a third. I finally decide I've had enough. I slip off my jacket and wait for Anthony to take off his. I'm so mad at him right now. I'm shooting daggers at the back of his head. He burst out laughing. "You can stop staring at me now. I mean, I know I'm sexy and all but dang."

I give a dramatic laugh. "You thought."

"Shut up. I'm finna go get me something to eat. You can stay here." I follow him to the little food area anyway. We order two servings of funnel fries. I pair mine with a coke and Anthony, a sprite. I have never had funnel fries before. I haven't even heard of it but Anthony says they taste good and I trust his word.

Anthony watch me closely as I pick up a fry. It smells good and it looks good. I take a bite. I'm in love. It taste so good. The powder on top gives it a good sweet taste. Its not too sweet though.

"You like it?" Anthony questions.

I nod my head vigorously. "Yeah. It taste so good." I poke a straw in my cup and take a long sip.

"I knew you would like it."

I place my hand on my heart and pretend to be smitten. "You know me so well."

"Duh. You my lil homie," he takes a look at his watch, "it's getting late and we got school in the morning. Grab your stuff and let's go."

I didn't realise how late it's getting. I guess I was just having so much fun. I pick up my snack and drink and walk to the car. Anthony unlocks the door and I get in.

"I had so much fun tonight. Thank you."

"I'm glad but you don't have to thank me. I was happy to do it. I haven't been here in so long."

"You're such a good friend Anthony."

"Yeah."