ー章.

ー章.

the first thing she saw when she woke up was a plain, white ceiling, and the same bright, white light as before. the first thing she felt was stiffness in her body, and the same pain in her head, but it had died down a little. the first thing she heard was . . . silence.

she blinked, looked to the left side of her to see another patient sleeping in their bed. looked to the right of her to see the same unfamiliar looking boy as before staring down at her.

she jumped a little out of surprise.

he immediately stepped back a little and looks away. the sound of him clearing his throat only made her tense, made her flinch, made her head hurt more. sensitive to noises. for right now. his eyes widened a bit and he stepped back a bit more.

"sorry." he muttered, avoiding eye contact with her, "your mother went home about five minutes ago. she left me in charge so i'll be spending the night here with you, is that okay?"

she swallows. her throat is so dry.

"m-my name is yoongi." he greets. she notices how tense he also is, how nervous he looks. who is this boy? "i'm in your geography class. your mom knows the geography teacher, who also happens to be my mom. they were hanging out at my house when your mom received the phone call. we all came, but my mom isn't good around the sight of blood. and when he saw your head, she flipped out and left. but i'm still here, so . . . hi."

he waved at her awkwardly. michi blinks. she can't find her vocal chords right now. can't bring herself to respond.

"d-do you know what happened to you? you tried to kill yourself. you jumped off the balcony of your apartment and on to the pavement below. luckily you guys live on the second floor so it was that big of a drop. you almost cracked your head open, literally. you're not in a coma, so that's good, but you still needed stitches. that's why your head is all bandaged up. and they also cut your hair short, t-they had to because of the stitches and where the wound is and stuff."

she opens her mouth to speak, voice hoarse and barely audible, "where is my phone?"

"ah, your mom has your phone. she said that someone texted you, but she thinks that it's no one important. a wrong number maybe. so she deleted the number from your phone."

"what?" she raises up quickly, head pounding. yoongi jumps and he puts his hands on her shoulders. "i-it's best for you to lay down and rest your body."

"where's my fucking phone?!" she exclaims, "where is it?! give it to me! give me my phone! i need it!"

"why is it so important, i don't understand."

"you're right, you don't!" she throws the hospital blankets off of her, sitting up fully and places her legs over the edge of the bed. "both of you don't understand anything! i need to tell someone that i'm alive!"

"but who?"

"jeongguk!" she yells sternly, looking over her shoulder at a frightened yoongi. his face goes paler than it already is and he's backing up again, this time further back.

"j-jeon jeongguk? the swimmer? the one who committed suicide a year ago?" he stammers. "who else?!" she replies.

"but how? he's . . . he's dead."

she rips out her iv. "i have a dead boy in my contacts. i don't care if you think i'm crazy."

she goes to stand up, but her legs fail her and she falls down on to the cold floor. she doesn't know how she landed, but she must've landed on her head. because everything became black.

again.