ー章.

ー章.

she knew better than to be standing so close to the railing. was already bad enough she was even on her balcony. having just tried to kill herself by jumping off the thing, could still see the blood stain on the pavement below.

but the night sky looked so pretty, that's what she thought. she was almost ready to brush her teeth and get into bed. hadn't eaten dinner, mother wasn't home. had the whole apartment to herself. she would've.

the knock at the door made her remember the task she offered to do, which was began tutoring the boy whom visited her at the hospital. she liked his name. yoongi.

cute, she thought to herself.

frowned then, almost wanted to slap herself for thinking such a thought. especially when her mind should've been swarming with all things dead boy. he still hasn't texted or called her.

"tea or coffee?" she questions once yoongi is seated at her kitchen table, math book in front of him, pencils ready.

"coffee, please. you always alone in the evenings?" he raises and eyebrow. "only sometimes. my mom is out, but it's no problem really. i prefer being alone anyways. glad you're here, though. have you already flipped to the right page?"

she comes over with his coffee, carefully sits the very full mug down beside his elbow, warns him not to spill it. "yeah. i can never forget what page pre-calc is on. i fucking hate pre-calc."

"so do i, but i just do it anyways. it's not that hard." she pulls up a chair next to him, sets her own textbook down beside his. flips it to the same page.

he scoffs, "stop saying it's not that hard. you smart kids kill me rubbing your smartness in people's faces and bragging about it to the dumber kids like me."

"i don't think you're dumb." she says sincerely. he nods. "doesn't matter anyways. it's the last year. let's just get this over with so i can go home and eat and sleep." he leans into the table, peering over into his textbook.

"right. so let's start here -" she begins, being cut off by the sound of her phone vibrating beside her arm. she slowly looks over at it. her heart flutters. jeongguk.

dead boy: hi kimchi

dead boy: sorry for being distant

dead boy: can i call you?

dead boy: i missed you.

she smiles, a blush making its way onto her cheeks. she gets rid of it quickly, clearing her throat and turning back to yoongi. "so he texted you finally. that must've been why you were so sad."

"not important." she mutters, "let's continue."

it vibrates again.

dead boy: michi don't ignore me :-((

dead boy: i'm sorry for not texting you

dead boy: but i'm gonna make it up to you now, just let me call you

dead boy: kimchiiiiii (╥﹏╥)

dead boy: pleaseeeeee

michi: be quiet brat.

"you guys are a couple now right?" yoongi asks. michi looks around at him. shakes her head. "no, we're not. it's not like that, i said."

"but he texted you that he loved you. and not in a friend way either."

she pushes his head back to the front where he can face his text book. "just pay attention."