ー章.

ー章.

it was awkward.

a lot more awkward than she thought it would be. they both sat across from each other in the booth, avoiding any sort of eye contact. she stared down at her cup of tea, he stared down at his cup of coffee.

what to say, what to say, she thinks, mind searching for something interesting to get their conversations started. but michi wasn't a conversation starter. and from the looks of things so far, neither was he.

"you're really pretty," he finally speaks up, "a lot prettier in person. not that i ever thought you were ugly or anything." michi nods, licks her lips. "thank you."

"what kind of tea did you order?"

"milk tea. what kind of coffee did you order?"

"black; regular."

"i assume you can't drink it, though. being a ghost and all." she mutters the last part, thinking that maybe he didn't like having it rubbed in. "yeah. i just got something to make me seem more human . . . i guess."

she notices his expression drop just a tad, a quick look of sadness and guilt? washing over his face before turning back straight. guilt. maybe he regretted killing himself.

"what's it like where you are?" she asks, spooning some sugar into her tea.

"quiet, mostly. i told you before. you can only see stars. it's not all darkness and stars, though. actually, it's fun sometimes. i can ice skate and pick flowers and just live although i'm dead. i can only imagine what heaven is like." he replies with a light chuckle.

"i don't believe in a heaven, but i hope the one you go to is suitable enough. i hope all your dreams come true in that heaven."

"thanks, kimchi." he smiles slightly, cheeks flushing a light pink color, "what about you? how are you feeling? i know you're still sick and all, so, are you feeling okay?"

"better," she nods, "a little better. now at least."

he seems pleased. "good. good. i was worried. but hey, you know what? i've been calling you kimchi because your name rhymes with it. but i've just discovered that your name could actually be kimchi. your last name is kim and your first name is michi. drop the m. i. c and mash your last name and first name together and it becomes kimchi!"

she smiles at his laughter. "nice observation, dead boy." he smiles more at her in return, his teeth showing. had bunny teeth. she thought that was cute.

when his laughter stopped, however, he became serious. expression turning hard again. she takes a sip of her tea, awaiting for whatever he had to say. "michi."

"mhm."

"now that we've met. now that you can see me. i want you to know that i have strong feelings for you. and i know i told you before, but i'm not confused. this is love, i feel it everywhere. it rattles me to the core and makes me toss and turn when i sleep. let's be together now."

her eyes widen. she stops sipping her tea.

"be my girlfriend. i'll only appear for you. you'll be the only one who can see me. my heart is yours."

+

should i keep pulling a bighit and dropping chapters? 👀