- spoken pain -

STARING

STARING. Everybody in the world is constantly staring. At people who dress strangely, speak with an accent, eat awkwardly, cry hideously-basically anyone who does anything different.

And Captain America telling a supposed orphan he was her dad in a room full of superheros? That is definitely different.

So Elenora stared at him.

And stared.

In Fact, she didn't stop staring until a knock sliced through the tension.

"Hey? Uh, Mr.Stark? I got your text that you wanted me-" a teenage boy entered the room, surveying the scene. Elenora glanced over at Tony, who was sending the boy signals to leave. "Oh, bad timing? Alright, uh, my apologies, Mr.Stark. I should just be go-"

"That's a boy!" Elenora blurted out, stomach churning in distress. Sometimes, She talked too little, other, she couldn't keep my mouth shut. Steve Rogers glanced at her, highly puzzled, while Winter (I suppose we can call him that) looked very amused.

"Hey, she didn't stutter this time!" Tony exclaimed, clapping his hands together. He was awarded four very vicious scowls. "What? It's a win."

Then Elenora, being, well, herself, tried to save her dignity. "What I mean is he's a boy. Um, I'm not talking about gender, well, I mean, I am, but I was focusing on his age. He's a teenager, and you are people."

Crap.

"Not that you aren't a person!" Elenora swiftly reassured the boy. "I just mean, you aren't a man. Like, physically, because your body hasn't fully- " she took a sharp breathe. "I'll guess Spider-Man."

"No, no it's okay-" he started, only to be cut off by himself. "Uh, did you tell her Mr.Stark?" Parker was told about this girl, a missing- abandoned at Mr.Stark put it- young daughter of Captain America, who turned...well, transparent. But from what he heard, she wasn't thought to be outspoken- sly, quiet, clever maybe, but never outspoken. Then again, no one would guess a nerd was Spider-Man either.

"Congrats, Parker, that's the most she's spoken all night!" Elenora had embarrassed herself to no end that night, and she couldn't help feeling self conscious, which leaded to her visibility spasming.

"Uh, hey, are you okay?" he asked, obviously noticing her appearance. Or her lack thereof.

Sensing her humiliation, Black Widow covered for Elenora, "She's fine, just a bit shy." Parker nodded and smuggled a grin. She forced her eyes to Natasha's feet, but she could feel his gaze casted on her.