- repercussions -

small chapter, i know, but halfway thru the next one. please comment and vote!

HIS EYES WERE DEAD, That's all Elenora could think about

Devon was alive and breathing and in a car, on his way to jail, but his eyes held the promise that he wasn't breathing. His eyes were dead. His body numb, Elenora was sure, but still, he was alive, and that was more than she could say for some of the victims.

As Elenora was quick to discover, the Avengers did not immediately head back to the towers after an attack.

The first thing they did was wait for SHIELD agents to take Devon. Then first respondents showed up to help treat the injured. Following them were SHIELD's clean-up crew. After all that was handled, then they could go.

So while they waited, it was their job to run citizen check-ups and help the injured.

And Elenora, Peter, and Connor were ready and excited to take initiative, but Steve and Bucky directed them straight to a SHIELD Criminal Transport truck, handed them a few first aid kits, and threatened them if they dared to leave the back end of the vehicle.

Needless to say, none of the teens were ready to get into more trouble, and since their adrenaline had worn off, there was nothing more terrifying than a couple of angry Avengers. So they stayed.

"Ow," Connor groaned as Elenora dabbed the left side of his jaw with an antiseptic wipe to clear off the blood.

Elenora rolled her eyes, chiding, "Relax Connor." Pulling her hand away, Elenora surveyed Connor's face.

There were a few cuts and scrapes littered around, mostly too small to apply a band-aid for. All Elenora could do was wipe the blood off, and hope they'd scab over soon. The largest injury that his face took was a large cut right about his left eyebrow, and that's where her hand moved to next, but before she could start, Connor grabbed her wrist.

"Be careful," he pleaded.

"Always," Elenora promised, meeting his eyes for a brief second before going back to work on the cut.

In Connor's words, she doesn't "grasp the idea of careful, do you?"

Sitting on the other side of Elenora was a very dazed Peter Parker, who's chin was set in the palm of his hand as he squinted off at the rubble and ruins that Devon had left behind. Turning away from a now healing Connor, Elenora thought about asking what he was thinking of.

But quite frankly, it wasn't too hard to grasp.

Instead, she decided to poke his shoulder, motioning peter to move so she could clean up his injuries.