- truths and terrors -

Have you guys reread the chapters for Elenora's character? If not you should! Comment and tell me what you thought!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN you have an uncle?" Peter repeated for the fourth time. The previous three times, Elenora ignored him- Mr.Benz was sneering at the two of them like they were begging for a detention. Elenora had never received a detention at Midtown, and she wasn't planning on it now.

But the fourth time he asked, Mr.Benz was facing the board and Elenora took it as an opportunity. "I mean I got a letter," she muttered, trying to copy down the diagram. "From my uncle." Peter shot a confused look at her while he scrambled to write the same thing as her. "Well, he claims to be my uncle, anyway."

"Someone's claiming to be your uncle?" Peter reiterated. "How do you claim to be someone's uncle?"

"You say that you knew the girl's mother," Elenora told him, her pencil led broke. She sighed, and pressed a few times on the eraser head as she went on, "and you say that you are her mother's brother. And she didn't tell you that she was giving her daughter up for adoption. You say that you've spent years searching for her and you finally have and you invite her to your weirdo school over the summer."

Peter paused to absorb all the information- his eyes flickered from his paper to the board and to the door. Then he asked, "Weirdo school?"

Mr.Benz's head turned. Even though she was focused on her notebook, she could feel his glare on her . "No talking," he scolded, returning to the board. Elenora might've heeded his demand if it wasn't for Peter, who repeated his question in a quieter whisper.

"A school for people like me," she told him. A wave of emotion washed over it- the realization that there were people her age in a school and would accept her. She wouldn't have to worry about disappearing, they'd understand. When Elenora looked back to Peter, she felt guilty for even thinking that way. Peter accepted her, didn't he?

"Like you?"

"Like me and Wanda and Pietro," she explained. "Mutants. That's what he calls t-us."

Peter and Elenora couldn't continue the conversation; Mr.Benz shushed them. On the way home, however, Peter and Elenora walked so that they could talk more freely. When they were far enough from Ned and Jade and midtown in general, Peter asked to see the letter. Elenora was hestiant at first, but tugged the letter out of her top backpack pocket.

Miss Elenora Rogers,

I am Professor Charles Xavier. I teach at a school for the gifted young. My students possess unique abilities. Ones that yours seems to mirror.