- birthday celebrations -

Hey guys! Can we say quick update? Comment and vote! Enjoy!

Connor was hiding from Elenora.

She was sure of it.

For the last three hours, Elenora had traced every hallway, corridor, and passage she could possibly think of to track down Connor, but he was nowhere.

It was like he was the invisible one.

She had even bothered Professor Logan, who was trying to enjoy a cigar far in the courtyard, to try to find out where he could possibly be, but Logan just threatened to not take her for the visit, which shut up her up instantly.

Bridgit was with Professor Erik, so her tracing powers were off limits. Elenora couldn't find Vince, and since a moderately concerning incident with a fork and a deck of cards, Peter was not in any position to be doing Elenora any favors.

In other terms, Elenora was at a lost.

She needed to apologize to him before she left for Steve's birthday so she when she caught her dads up on everything, she could say that at least it ended civilly. Otherwise, she was pretty sure she'd be grounded or something.

But trying to make amends with a boy who could've/would've/should've been her brother wasn't as easy as she was hoping. Maybe she went to far with the whole call out thing. Hit a nerve or something, or more like hit it too hard. Like something or everything she said really did hurt Connor.

Which made her even more determined to find him.

It took four hours and twenty-three minutes for Elenora to spot him, and an additional fifteen minutes to find the way to the roof. Three more minutes to get herself to approach him.

"Connor," she called, slowly, hesitantly, not wanting to scare him.

He responded without looking back."Go away."

"Please, Connor," she said, trying to stop her voice from shaking. She was nervous, yes, she didn't want to mess it up again. Because maybe in a different world in a different situation and a different turn of events, Connor and she could have been family. Brother and sister. More than blood or a mutation tying them together.

His legs were hugged to his chest. His hair was sort of a mess in the wind, but there was the eerie absence of his small tornado. Like a part of him, the angry part, wasn't there.

"What do you want?"

"To... For you to not hate me. To apologize, I guess," she shrugged, advancing on him until she was right behind him, watching his back as though it'd tell her what to do. "I shouldn't have said the things I did-"

"You were right," he told her, finally turning his body to acknowledge her, but then turned away as quickly as he had looked at her. "Why apologize?"