- dresses + congrats -

Happy peter? yay yay! First wedding prep scene? yeah!!! third update so far? heck yeah! comment and vote, lovelies :)

also apologies in advance for next chapter. 

"THAT ONE'S PRETTY, what do you think, Buck?" Steve asked, elbowing his fiancee who was staring at his shoes, daydreaming about the leftover pizza at home he'd abandoned for this frilly store

Bucky picked his chin up from the palm of his hand and looked at the sight in front of him. "It's nice," he said blandly, earning another nudge from Steve. "I like it! I like it," he promised as Elenora eyed him judgmentally, a hand on her hip. Bucky looked to Steve for help, but he just met him with a blank face as if saying "you did this to yourself, bud".

Steve turned the conversation back to Elenora who was picking at the blue lace itching her skin. "What do you think, Ellie?" Steve questioned, watching his daughter's shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. "Blue doesn't have to be the color anyway," Steve assured her, rising from the uncomfortable chair he had been sitting in and walking over to the juniors rack, carding through dresses as Bucky and Elenora watched him helplessly.

It was half an hour into dress shopping for the wedding, and it was fair to say that no one in the Rogers-Barnes family had any clue what they were doing. Steve was the one who insisted the three of them could get it done without any help, so despite Bucky's many attempts to get Natasha to come along, Steve drove the three of them to a boutique he remembered from the '30s and started shopping.

Needless to say, it wasn't going well.

With a pleading look, Eleora met Bucky's gaze. He sent her a sympathetic smile and nodded over at Steve as if saying "go help your old man out".

Understandingly, Elenora nodded, letting go of the irritating fabric, she let her hands fall to her sides as she walked over to her dad, browsing the other half of the dresses. "So no silver, right?" Elenora checked, her fingers skimming over a puffy silver dress that she was trying to hide her distaste for.

Thankfully, Steve nodded, "Right. It's between blue and red."

From over in his chair, Bucky added, "Whichever color we choose today is finalized."

Mulling the colors over, Elenora nodded as she bit her lip, her brain in action. She was trying to skillfully word the idea that had been swarming in her head since Steve had first mentioned dress shopping two weeks ago.

Steve glanced over at Elenora and immediately recognized her expression. Knowing that something was forming in that head of hers, Steve stopped browsing and focused solely on Elenora. "What's eating you, El?" he asked, causing Bucky to look over at the two of them.

"Well," Elenora starting, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared intensely at the dresses before releasing the tension in her body and exhaling. "I dunno," she shrugged, realizing she was no longer phased by being under her dads' stares. "I guess I was just thinking, what if the color wasn't red or blue?"