- mission blues -

ELENORA WAS SETTLING IN

ELENORA WAS SETTLING IN. Not only was she fitting in at school- she had hung out with Jade and Ned and Peter after school three times by now (Steve was reluctant, but Bucky insisted he "get over it") and she was growing more comfortable with the resident avengers, which included Pietro and Wanda, Natasha and Tony. Although, with all the missions she went on, Elenora wasn't even sure she could considered Natasha as a resident.

Clint was able to head home early after the mission him and Wanda went on ended earlier than expected. Thor was long gone, along with Loki- the two of them headed back to Asgard and Elenora wasn't sure they'd ever return.

A few times, Natasha had come over for dinner with Bucky, Steve and Elenora was learning to become close friends with her.

And while it was a good- a great thing that training and school was improving, it was most important to Bucky and Steve that she was doing well at home.

Her bedroom was almost completely done, the floral wall paper was torn down and painted over with a cool gray. Previously picked out by Elenora, Bucky and Steve spent three hours trying to put together her bed, but settled on calling over Clint in hopes that he could do it for them (Bucky was not pleased, and claimed that he'd figure it out his own dang self, thank you, but about half an into working along, he gave up). Clint laughed at both guys, saying they just weren't with the "time" and they probably didn't even read instruction manuals in the forties, but and hour later, all the boys called Natasha who finished it in less than an hour. "Should've called me sooner," she said, and Bucky rolled his eyes as she hugged Elenora goodbye. "Stop with that attitude, James," Natasha teased as the door closed behind her. Bucky whispered that she could see everything.

But besides decorations and renovations, Elenora was getting along very well with Steve and Bucky. Occasionally after training, Steve and Bucky would pick her up and bring her to a diner they always used to eat at.

"They're slacking off with their onion rings, Stevie. Do you think I should bring it up to ol' David?"

"If he's still alive, Buck."

Elenora was loving her new family, all her crazy aunts and uncles included, and sometimes, it felt like the whole universe gave her as much time as she needed to catch up with everything.

However, villains and killers were not on a break for anyone, and Elenora knew that, so she wasn't quite sure why she was shocked when she arrived home after school (there was no training, and thank goodness for that-she had an essay to finish), and only Bucky greeted her.

"Hey, where's dad?" Elenora asked, and Bucky looked up from the stove, where he was stirring some liquid.

He glanced back down at the pot. "He, uh," Bucky struggled for a way to tell her that her dad was on a jet to Zimbabwe as they spoke.

Dropping her backpack on the side of the table and slipping into a chair, Elenora sighed. "We promised to be forward with each other," she recalled from the last time Bucky tried to hide something from her, which was really the fact that he had accidentally dyed her white shirt bright pink. Elenora managed to convince him it was an improvement, and that she absolutely loved it.