- good friends, bad liars -

how are you guys???

please comment and vote! it makes me smile :)

ELENORA ROGERS WAS THREE DAYS into school and already swamped with homework

It seemed that the academic attacks were coming from every possible angle - she had math packets topped with physics assignments and an English essay.

And those are only by noon.

Already exhausted, Elenora plopped down in a heap at her lunch table, letting her healing focus in on the movement of the table and her cheek rest against her arms.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked, his voice laced with concern.

Elenora didn't need to look up to know that his face would scrunch together and his hands would clutch on to each other in a nervous manner.

She really didn't need to look, but Elenora did anyway; shifting her head so her cheek was on her arm that allowed her to see Peter, El said, "I'm tired."

Peter opened his mouth, but Ned was quicker. "Drink some coffee."

In a quick second, Elenora's head snapped up, and she narrowed her eyes at Ned viciously. "I want to sleep, not prolong my consciousness."

Peter and Ned exchanged a look and Ned raised his hands in defeat.

"Aren't you a little ball of sunshine," Jade said as she stood across from Elenora at the table, placing down her lunch tray. "What crawled into your Cheerios this morning?"

"I'm tired," Elenora stressed, disappointed with the lack of support she was met with. Her head fell back to the table.

Jade looked up at the two boys, who were both equally confused; Ned knew Elenora just as long as Peter had, and it was safe to say that neither of them had ever seen Elenora in such a mood. Usually when she got tired she got angry, which, for the most part, was the reason she was no longer allowed to stay at training past 10:30.

(Because Peter did not deserve a medicine ball thrown at his head.)

"Well," Ned tested, his eyes nervously darting between Peter and El as began to test the waters. "Are you going to eat those Gushers?"

Without even raising her head to look, Elenora's hand grasped the gummy's wrapper, lifted her arm and retracted.

Before she could actually throw it, Peter's palm clamped around her wrist and held her steady; his other hand pried the packaged out of her grip. His hand around her wrist intertwined so they were holding hands.

(Elenora, as tired as she was, though that was smooth. Real smooth.)

"We're going to the library," Peter told Ned and Jade, who were both staring at their friend with very wide eyes. Tugging her up from her spot, Peter added, "See you guys next period, yeah?"